Price reduced on booked cruise

grandmato4

We recieved our Princess Captain's Circle Quarterly in the mail yesterday and I noticed some special offers on Panama Canal cruises so I decided to go into their website and check on the current pricing for past guest for our Feb 2009 cruise- sure enough, as a past guest, our price had gone down $100 pp. so I called Princess this evening and literally two minutes later while I was still on the phone talking to the extremely friendly and helpful rep I had a confirmation e-mail showing our new reduced price ! Now that's GREAT customer service ! :D :)

On all our past cruises our prices have only gone up after we booked so even though others on CC have said how easy it was to call and get the reduced price it was the first time I had called asking for the reduced price. It truly was as simple as dailing the phone. Now with a little luck, that $200.00 saved will almost pay for one of our plane tickets to Florida next February !

Keep checking your prices and make that phone call !

If you book through a TA do you have to request the credit through them or can you call Princess direct?

Thanks!

If you book through a TA you have to go through them to get your price reduced. Good Luck ! :)

And Thanks for the congrats Colo Cruiser.

We have a Feb 3, 2009 fll rt to panama canal booked. What date is your cruise? We are a past cruiser also and just wanted to know if this is the date you got the discount. Thanks

Yes, we are booked on the same Feb 3rd 2009 cruise. Nice to find someone else going with us ! :) I'd started a roll call but no one has responed yet :( Look forward to sharing the anticipation of the trip with you !

We received our Captains Circle and same thing our cruise was down in price, called Princess and then TA and got a higher room for same price.........hoping now for an upgrade...........last three cruises we have been visited by upgrade fairy. So anxious for our Hawiian cruise of 14 days...........sailinsal

Congratulations! I know what a great feeling that is. I have been a little lax in checking the rates on our upcoming Alaska cruise. Today I went to their website and was surprised to find that our fare had dropped over $400. We are staying in a Caribe balcony room for less than an oceanview. I booked directly through Princess and this is the second price drop. They have been so helpful and the change takes place immediately. Have I read that once final payment is made they will not honor any more price drops?

Congratulations! I know what a great feeling that is. I have been a little lax in checking the rates on our upcoming Alaska cruise. Today I went to their website and was surprised to find that our fare had dropped over $400. We are staying in a Caribe balcony room for less than an oceanview. I booked directly through Princess and this is the second price drop. They have been so helpful and the change takes place immediately. Have I read that once final payment is made they will not honor any more price drops?

Congrats to you also on the nice price drop for you Caribe balcony ! From what I've read, most often the price drops after final payment are "for new bookings only" and we wouldn't be able to take advantage of those. But price drops are still worth watching for after final payment as they may not be for only new bookings and by calling one "might" still get lucky. My theory is that it never hurts to call and nicely try ! ;)

We had a similar experience last year on our Mexican Riviera cruise. Price dropped and Princess refunded the difference and was also willing to upgrade us to a better balcony category (we already had a balcony and actually declined since we were in a group with 3 cabins) I know a few people who went through a TA and they had a little more difficulty getting the refund. We book directly through Princess.com (one more reason I booked my next cruise the same way)

Good thing they do not ask for more money if the price goes up......

I called Princess to see if our price dropped and they said no. We have an inside cabin, maybe that is why there is not a price drop. What type room do you have? Maybe i'll try back again to see if i get the same answer!

We have a balcony on the Coral Princess that we booked back in September.

Good thing they do not ask for more money if the price goes up......

I'll second that thought !! ;)

Grandmato4,

I want to say a very huge thank you. Without your comment I never would have discovered the price change. After reading your note, I phoned my travel agent who called back 10 minutes later to say the price had been reduced by $ 435. pp That is a huge savings. For us, it's like our Rome accomodations are covered, our trips ashore are free, our wine on the ship....etc.

I know we eventualy would have been told about this but it was a very pleasant surprise!

Cruisfan

Grandmato4,

I want to say a very huge thank you. Without your comment I never would have discovered the price change. After reading your note, I phoned my travel agent who called back 10 minutes later to say the price had been reduced by $ 435. pp That is a huge savings. For us, it's like our Rome accomodations are covered, our trips ashore are free, our wine on the ship....etc.

I know we eventualy would have been told about this but it was a very pleasant surprise!

Cruisfan

Happy to hear that my post was helpful to you ! :) That was a great savings for you. Hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise !

Archived