Adding a second cabin

Duncarob

My dear mother booked four of us one cabin. Does anyone know what is actually entailed in splitting the group into two cabins? Does this require a new booking and the transfer of $$ to the new booking? Then will CCL accept my credit card for the difference, or do they need to look to her since she made the original booking (and payment)? Has anyone ever done this?

My dear mother booked four of us one cabin. Does anyone know what is actually entailed in splitting the group into two cabins? Does this require a new booking and the transfer of $$ to the new booking? Then will CCL accept my credit card for the difference, or do they need to look to her since she made the original booking (and payment)? Has anyone ever done this?

She will have to make the changes since she made the booking.

I booked my Glory cruise for the wife and I (we were undecided about the kids). Prior to my Miracle cruise we decided to take them on the Glory. Because of the up and comming cruise , I didn't want to tie up extra funds, so I switched my wife to the cabin across the hall and we were both on our own single reservations. After the Miracle cruise I went back and added the kids to the interior and put my wife back with me. This is a way to lock in cabins without the full deposit. keep in mind that the rates for the extra passengers will not be locked in until you add them and pay the deposit.

Really depends who you talk to me the phone. It may also depend on where in the waiting game you are. Have you made final payment? Was it booked directly through Carnival? If so just call and explain the situation. You may need the PIN # assigned to the booking. It's "usually" the last 4 digits of the SS# or the last 4 of the phone number of the person who booked.

If they make the change they will accpet your credit card for the difference.

The cruise is fully paid for. I have e-mailed Mom for the booking number and will call CCL. The second cabin is really my gift for the group and I really don't want her to have to pay and then get reimbursed by me, etc. I would really like this to be seamless for her. My other thought was...what if I just have CCL remove me from the booking, refund her credit card, and I make a new (single) booking for myself. Although it would be a single booking, I know the cabin will have two beds and then we could divide ourselves up two to each cabin. It works out to about the same, financially. Would there be any problem with doing that way? Thoughts, anyone?

The cruise is fully paid for. I have e-mailed Mom for the booking number and will call CCL. The second cabin is really my gift for the group and I really don't want her to have to pay and then get reimbursed by me, etc. I would really like this to be seamless for her. My other thought was...what if I just have CCL remove me from the booking, refund her credit card, and I make a new (single) booking for myself. Although it would be a single booking, I know the cabin will have two beds and then we could divide ourselves up two to each cabin. It works out to about the same, financially. Would there be any problem with doing that way? Thoughts, anyone?

If you book a cabin for yourself only, you will pay two cruise prices unless its a 1A cabin, plus the other 3 in the other cabin will have paid 3 more prices, so it would be like paying for 5 if I understood what you want to do just removing one person from a booking of 4 to book a 2nd cabin.

If you book a cabin for yourself only, you will pay two cruise prices unless its a 1A cabin, plus the other 3 in the other cabin will have paid 3 more prices, so it would be like paying for 5 if I understood what you want to do just removing one person from a booking of 4 to book a 2nd cabin.

Yes, my thought was to book the 1A at 150%....works out about the same price-wise as moving the 3rd and 4th passengers to a second cabin and paying the difference. I will call Carnival tomorrow and see what my options are. If they will let me book another cabin, move mom's $$ to the new booking and apply my payment for the balance, I will do it that way.

Yes, my thought was to book the 1A at 150%....works out about the same price-wise as moving the 3rd and 4th passengers to a second cabin and paying the difference. I will call Carnival tomorrow and see what my options are. If they will let me book another cabin, move mom's $$ to the new booking and apply my payment for the balance, I will do it that way.

Let us know what they say. I am guessing you are still before final payment, even though your mom paid in full.

Well, we are past final payment....departing on 3/31, but as the previous poster stated, there should not be a penalty as I am not cancelling from the cruise altogether and besides Carnival will make more money by selling us two cabins rather than one. So, I would be surprised if they would impose a penalty under those circumstances. I will let you know what I find out.

Well, I called Carnival today. It turned out to be pretty easy. After initially telling me that she "couldn't guarantee" that I wouldn't be charged a cancellation fee, the CCL rep put me on hold for a while and came back and said they were "waiving" the fee. Booked a second cabin, she applied the 3rd and 4th passenger $$ to the new booking (which my mom had paid) and charged my card for the balance due. I was a little surprised, but grateful, that she was able to do that without involving my mom. We are now two in each cabin and will make for a much more comfortable and enjoyable cruise. I called my mom and niece and nephew and they are all thrilled (as am I)! The second cabin is an inside guarantee and they may also move us from the original cabin as a 4-bed cabin won't be needed. I can't wait to see where we all end up!

I thought they recently changed the 1A policy from 150% for singles to 200%. I'll do a test booking to verify, but I thought I read that somewhere....:confused:

EDIT:

Must have read it in my sleep, because it's still just 150% for singles in 1A. My apologies.

Archived