Frontier Saloon in Ketchikan

LaurieCM

Sadly, the Frontier is just a memory now. It closed at least ten years ago. My dad worked there in the '50s when it was in it's original location and there was still sawdust on the floor. It moved around the block sometime later- which was when I used to go there. Hadn't thought about the "front dump" for a long time- but it was the HAPPENING place in Ketchikan in the 80's.

• 11 years later...

Fished on a few  boats in the early 70s   And  80s. I remember the frontier saloon , And the sourdough bar like it was yesterday. I remember the drive-up liquor stores, the Arctic bar, and there was another strip club on creek street . What a great town/good fishing back in the day. Back when we had Iron Men and Wooden  ships. Great memories for me and a lot of my friends from Seattle. The sourdough if I remember right,  had sawdust floors and the pictures of the fisherman on the rocks flipping off the camera  etc. etc. The town still looks the same in the pictures to me. You could buy a  Gold , Silver, and  Jade very cheap. Those were the good all days that fill my memory forever. Back when we had to Brail, We had  so many fish. You could box in  a  smoker on a Saturday night And win $100. Those were the days.