Logistics of excursion to Cayo Levantado?

travelb

We'll be traveling with our 15 month old son and I think we'll try the ship's excursion to Cayo Levantado. I have a couple of questions about the trip to the beach though. Do you have to tender to the dock, then jump on the boat to the beach, or does the boat take you directly from the ship to the beach? How frequently can you leave the beach to head back to the ship? Are umbrellas provided for the beach chairs (even if at a charge?) If anyone has taken their little one to this beach and has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it!

Thanks!

We'll be traveling with our 15 month old son and I think we'll try the ship's excursion to Cayo Levantado. I have a couple of questions about the trip to the beach though. Do you have to tender to the dock, then jump on the boat to the beach, or does the boat take you directly from the ship to the beach? How frequently can you leave the beach to head back to the ship? Are umbrellas provided for the beach chairs (even if at a charge?) If anyone has taken their little one to this beach and has any advice, I'd be happy to hear it!

Thanks!

We were their a couple of weeks ago.

We took a tender directly from our ship over to Cayo L., its about a 5 - 10 minute trip. The tenders going back to the ship start around 3pm and the last one is about 5pm. I didn't see any umbrellas for rent, but, their is some trees around if you need shade. Their is also plenty of eating and shopping areas in the trees if you need to get out of the sun.

I thought this island was a good choice and worth the excursion price.

hova

Archived