Dubious 1st Time Cruisers

Texas Moomba

My wife and I have been on the Conquest twice. Her office is looking to take a short cruise on the Ecstasy as a group. Someone in the office has been on a cruise on an old frieghter or something like a shrimp boat, because they have been telling everyone that all they did on their cruise was to smell mold in the bathroom and throw up all the time due to being sea sick. We had avery good experience on a larger ship but would like some input what the Ecstasy is like. They are interested in the spa, the gym, will they have enough to do to keep them busy, are there any singles usually on this cruise? We heard that it was just renovated and would like some opinions and input. Thanks!!!!!!!

She's one of the oldest Carnival ships. Also, those short Carnival cruises tend to be party till you barf, super party all the time cruises. People on board are trying to shove 7 days of cruising into three or four days. Regardless of refurbishment, the older ships don't offer nearly the amenities of the newer ships, but there will still be things to do.

Ok, lets be honest, a Cruise is what you make of it.

We just returned 2/4 from a short cruise on the Ecsatsy. (got fogged out of port and got 1/2 day 'free bonus cruise')

:)

The Ecstasy is an older ship, but it is kept up and kept clean. The crew (except one guy at the Persurs desk 'Samuel') was very nice. I have cruised nicer ships, sure, newer bigger, etc. But, it is what it is. A nice older ship to take a short cruise.

As for the entire ship being a 'party til you barf' crowd.

I saw some who were like that but, most were like us regular folks enjoying their time onboard.

~As for singles, I dont know, did not ask. :)

But they did have a singles mixer. As well as 3 Friends of Dorothy get togethers.

She's one of the oldest Carnival ships. Also, those short Carnival cruises tend to be party till you barf, super party all the time cruises. People on board are trying to shove 7 days of cruising into three or four days. Regardless of refurbishment, the older ships don't offer nearly the amenities of the newer ships, but there will still be things to do.

Wow, once again, another of your ever so positive posts........ COLOR]

I and many many others love the Carnival Fantasy class ships. Smaller and a bit older is at times much much better……They are well kept, easy to get around on. Not everyone wants 3000+ people on a ship and the hassles that such can bring about.

Yes, the shorter cruises are different then the longer cruises but they are also a LOT of fun.

I don’t think this is the area of CC to get a good answers to your question. I would go over the Carnival area and also read reviews on the ship in question posted by CC members. I say go for it, I am willing to predict she will have a BLAST!

Archived