schedule of Cayo Levantado tenders

Nickymjw1

Can someone tell me what the tender schedule is? Do you have to go at a set time and stay there until 3pm at least, or do they come and go all day? I don't want to get "stuck" on Cayo. Don't do beach time for extended periods and wanted to add in some time in port in Samana.

Thanks

Can someone tell me what the tender schedule is? Do you have to go at a set time and stay there until 3pm at least, or do they come and go all day? I don't want to get "stuck" on Cayo. Don't do beach time for extended periods and wanted to add in some time in port in Samana.

Thanks

Yes, the first tender back starts around 2:30 -3pm. This would give you enough time to go into Samana, if you wished.

If you didn't want to stay on the island for an extended time, you could take one of the last tenders to the island (probably around noon time). Their is some shopping and other facilities on the island, and the prices are reasonable, so, you may find that you do not need to go to Samana after all.

hova

I wouldn't call it being "stuck" there. We were just there last week. It was an incredible day, much better than any other beach escape excursion we have ever done. There is food and shopping available right there on the beach.

The reason I say being stuck, is that for medical reasons I should not be out in the sun very long, and even shade from trees is not the safest. I heard that the food choices are not the greatest, and I would like to go into port to eat at Cafe de la France again like we did 2 yrs ago. Plus if I am paying $33/pp just to take a tender (aka lifeboat) over there, I kind of want to have the choice of when to go back. But like one poster suggested, we could take the late tender going and the 1st coming back if I need to.

What about the cost of drinks (bottled water, non-alcoholic and alcoholic drinks) & food on Cayo??

Thanks

Archived