Premium Balcony-Sheltered

goinsoon

We are considering booking a TA April of 09 in a premuim balcony (B1). Please share your experiences with the "sheltered" balconies. Is it truly cave like? Is the balcony usable as far as watching the ocean go by? Will the weather in April make it useless or usable? Thanks much for any insight!

We are considering booking a TA April of 09 in a premuim balcony (B1). Please share your experiences with the "sheltered" balconies. Is it truly cave like? Is the balcony usable as far as watching the ocean go by? Will the weather in April make it useless or usable? Thanks much for any insight!

This has been debated a copule of times before. You might try a search for "sheltered balcony" and see if you can find those threads if you want a lot of answers right away.

In the meanwhile, I'll say that I like the sheltered balconies. You cannot see the ocean when you're sitting down, and that's a big minus for a lot of people. But you get fresh air and light (the balcony is not like a cave), and the price is good. Imagine that outside your cabin you have another room with a picture window, rather than floor-to-ceiling window. The picture window has no glass in it.

Some people say it's better to have an obstructed-view balcony. I would rather have a sheltered balcony than an obstructed view because I don't want to look at a big very orange lifeboat. It's a matter of personal preference.

If you're doing a TA, I'd definitely recommend the sheltered balcony. QM2 goes very fast on a TA, and it's windy on deck. The sheltered balcony will keep you from feeling like you're going to be blown away.

Hope this helps.

We had a sheltered B1 balcony cabin on our TA in October and we loved it.It wasn't like a cave and we feel it too cold either.

We would definately book this type of cabin again and are going to France on QM2 in July and are going to try a B5 obstructed....who know that may be ok aswell but if nothing else she is a gorgeous experience and you will savour every moment and count them all till you go again!!!

Many thanks for your comments! We are currently booked on RCI's Independence of the Seas for its TA from Fort Lauderdale-Southhampton on April 12, 2009, but because of itinerary changes we are contemplating cancelling that cruise. Your info is helping us make that decision!

We just returned from a cruise on the QM2 where we had a category B1 stateroom. The sheltered balcony is just fine. You get lots of sunlight and protection from the wind. You just have to stand up to get a view of the ocean or any land. But you do have lots of privacy - you can go out on the balcony in your underwear :eek: and your neighbors will not see a thing!!!!

Pat

Archived