Triple Play Chips

MNFreeze

Can anyone explain these to me? I guess I do not fully understand them from the NCL website.

If i remeber correctly, I think you put $10 on your account, they give you $15 worth of chips, but these chips can not be cashed out.. they must be placed on 1:1 bets (I think) and you can keep betting them untill you lose them. So keep the chips you win, and keep betting these chips, cause at then end of the cruise they are worth nothing!!

• 2 months later...

I am really struggling to understand the benefit of the "triple play" chips.

Scenario 1: I pay $50 for 75 triple play chips.

I then use those 75 triple play chips at the craps table. For simplicity, I put all 75 on the pass line. A 7 is rolled. I would get paid $75 real dollars plus my original 75 triple play chips. Big deal. My net gain is $25 (the $75 less the $50 I paid for the triple play chips, because I can't cash those back in.)

Scenario 2: I don't buy the triple play chips and just use my cash as normal at the craps table.

I place $50 of real chips on the pass line. A 7 is rolled. I am paid $100. My net gain is $50 outright.

Why would I buy the triple play chips? What am I missing?

Two things.

No, you can not cash them in, but you can bet again. And win again. And bet again, and win again. Forever until you lose the bet. In real life that will be in a few minutes, so no worry about keeping them until the end of the cruise.

And, on all the cruises we were on, it was the $10 for $15 deal. You can not do a higher amount.

they just want to give you a little help with your first bet. Or second one if you are lucky, and third, etc.

Why would I buy the triple play chips? What am I missing?

Each person can only buy the triple play chips once, you pay $10 and get $15. You get to bet $15 for $10, its that simple.

I'll use blackjack as an example.

You pay $10 and get $15 in chips.

You place a $15 bet using your "special chips".

Lose the hand, the house takes your chips just like if you just made a normal $15 bet. If you win you get paid $15 in real chips, and you keep the special chips. You can then bet the special chips agian (wash, rinse, repeat).

Basically they are giving you $5 for free, but you can't cash it out otherwise there would be some people that would just take the free $5 and go home. :)

Scenario 1: I pay $50 for 75 triple play chips.

I then use those 75 triple play chips at the craps table. For simplicity, I put all 75 on the pass line. A 7 is rolled. I would get paid $75 real dollars plus my original 75 triple play chips. Big deal. My net gain is $25 (the $75 less the $50 I paid for the triple play chips, because I can't cash those back in.)

Scenario 2: I don't buy the triple play chips and just use my cash as normal at the craps table.

I place $50 of real chips on the pass line. A 7 is rolled. I am paid $100. My net gain is $50 outright.

Just to further clarify, using your example (I'll lower the amounts since you can only buy $15 in chips).

If you used $15 triple play chips at the craps table you would get paid $15 real dollars plus your 15 triple play chips. You then bet those same triple play chips agian and win again, now you won another $15 in real money. You bet the triple play chips agian and lose this time.

Result: You put $10 on the line and walked away with $30

If you did not use the triple play chips but still only wanted to risk $10 here is how it would play out. $10 bet + win = $20, bet $10 + win = $30, bet $10 - lose = $20. Same amount of money bet, same win/loss but you gained an extra $10 using the triple play chips.

Archived