weather in Sept.

Sea and Me

i was up there in sept 2006, mid month. we had sunny and nice leaving seattle...2 days later in juneau, rain and sleet. next day in skagway, morning fog,nice afternoon. glacier bay the temps were in the high 50s, ketchikan was heavy rain and cooler.

temps ranged from mid 40s to high 50s. a lot of rain and fog. but there wasn't the crowds, good sales in the stores. we were prepared and knew what to expect.

I was in Alaska during September and had wonderful weather. However, my friends there the week before had the opposite. Whenever you go to Alaska, prepare to dress in layers. You'll really enjoy September. If you are a shopper, the stores are discounting their merchandise. My question, I'm going in May. What kind of weather??? Robin :cool:

I've answered you elsewhere?? But you are going from the "best" weather sailing to the worse potential.

After the first week of Sept. you can expect on average 3 full days of rain. Temps 40-60, dusk by 7pm so if you have some late port days, plan touring accordingly. The first week is slightly better- These are averages only.

• 1 month later...

With the cruise lines pushing the season later and later in autumn and earlier and earlier in the spring, we can only expect a lot more disappointed cruise passengers.

I love being in Alaska as the termination dust starts to come down the mountains, but I know what I'm getting in weather and prefer it.

When we were there in September, it rained on us in every port we stopped....but we had water proof jackets and pants and never missed an excursion. We did have a beautiful sunny day in Anchorage where we spent a night after our cruise before flying home. However, it snowed on us on the way to the airport and that was Sept. 10. So my advice is to be prepared for all types of weather!

Archived