Crazy question

walkman4

Is your nephew still in college? If so, I doubt he would be recognized outside his area of "stardom". It is not uncommon for some college women to go bonkers over the reigning football star, however, I don't think you will find this to be true among the general cruising public.

If he is a pro player, then he may be more recognizable, but again, I don't think stalkers will be a problem. Hope you all enjoy your cruise!

My guess is that her nephew is Tim Tebow...and he would definately be recognized, and not just by college women. We spotted Tim at a crowed hockey arena in Atlanta about 6 months ago. Go Gators!!

I also realized about halfway through this thread that it was old. I had a feeling you might have been talking about Colt because you are from Texas and the Heisman talk and all. I'm a very casual Longhorn fan and can honestly say that I wouldn't have recognized him. I know the name of course, but not the face. I assumed that you were on the Voyager out of Galveston. I can understand on that ship and itinerary, he probably would have been recognized.

Glad you had a good time and he was left alone.

Ditto!

I am afraid to say that yes, I feel bitten! I have already been looking at cruises and wondering how in the world we could save up for another one. My oldest will be heading to college next year and we are contemplating paying for that fun adventure. ha. I was suprised that someone would say they have not heard of the Texas Longhorns also, but I guess lots of people do not live, eat, and breathe football the way our part of the country does. I was also shocked at getting catty responses. I guess some people just love to try to take other people down. Sad for them. It is much more fun to lift people up! TXMary and Cruise Kitty: Thanks for your responses. My kids I think are bitten too: My youngest said on the three day drive home:" Mom, I am so homesick!" , I told him it was ok, that we would be home soon, and he said, "No!, for the ship"!!

My oldest son says one of the best things about the ship was the constant piped in jazz music in our room. Strange I know, but he also loved ...the cafe promenade: coffee and cookies, the hot tubs, and a million other things. The Mariner was fantastic. Everyone have a super day!

It only takes one cruise to hook you! ;) And you went on the Mariner...she is so beautiful and that was one of our favorite cruises! I guess we will be seeing more of you on the CC boards! :D

Colt's gonna get drafted by the Chiefs as soon as he's eligible..... :D

If he makes it to the NFL, then he'll have trouble hiding out. But to be honest, there was a celeb (some hip-hopper) that was on Enchantment last fall and nobody even blinked.

If he can get me tickets to the Patriots I will make sure that he is safe and that nobody will get his room number. lol They do not give them out especially if you tell the pursers desk to ensure the fact.

Thanks you guys! Overall there are really nice and helpful people on this board. Planning our cruise was much easier due to the tips I got on this board. No one bothered Colt around his room and just nice kids and mostly people from Texas talked to him. We found cruising people to be really nice. Of course there are the occasional pranksters that turned everything on our doors upside down. grrr.....but, no damage or extress rowdiness. Thanks all!

• 1 month later...

After this thread a few months ago, have to admit I'm interested in following the season for the Texas Longhorns and the quarterback who was the subject of this thread... I didn't think about it until yesterday, but he had a very good opening game last Saturday...

First couple of paragraphs from this story:

Longhorns’ McCoy off to fast start

By JIMMY BURCH

jburch@star-telegram.com

AUSTIN - Two words guaranteed to raise the blood pressure of Texas quarterback Colt McCoy: sophomore slump.

"I hate that term," McCoy said, smiling.

With more performances like the one McCoy had in Saturday’s 52-10 rout of Florida Atlantic, the junior will hear fewer references to the struggles he experienced last season while throwing 18 interceptions, more than double the total from his freshman season (seven).

McCoy, a third-year starter, did not come close to throwing an interception against FAU. In fact, he set a school record for consecutive completions in a game by connecting on his first 13 passes of the 2008 season.

Told about his record-setting start Monday, McCoy seemed surprised.

"I did not realize that at all," said McCoy, who wound up going 24-for-29 for 222 yards and three touchdowns. "I was so focused and into what we’re doing, I didn’t realize I hit that many in a row."

Theron

Archived