RCCL excursion in St. Thomas is a beach in St. John?????

While on a Princess cruise a few years ago, we docked in St. Thomas and took a small (maybe 150-200 people) ship to St. John for an excursion. They drove us around the island and then took us to Trunk Bay to go snorkeling. It was absolutely beautiful and a very nice day... probably one of the highlights of that trip. I would highly recommend it.

If you've already been to St. John as part of your cruise, you'd obviously be able to skip these types of trips from St. Thomas. It's just that some cruise lines don't go to St. Johns.

I'd need to better understand what you are looking at. It makes perfect sense for RCI to offer day trips from St Thomas to St Johns. It's a short boat ride and a beautiful island. The trip is better made independently though.

Don't confuse St John's, the capital and largest city on Antigua with St John, USVI. Totally separate places. I'm not familiar with any RCI ship that actually calls on St John (Azamara does though); someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless you've been on a small ship (SeaDream, Windstar, etc) you haven't docked at St. John, USVI. In fact, even those ships don't dock, they tender at St. John.

You've probably been to St. John's, Antigua which is a completely different island (not part of the USVI).

St. John, USVI is only a 20-30 minute ferry ride from Red Hook on St. Thomas, and a 45 minute ferry ride from Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas. And yes, it is highly worth it to go over to St. John from St. Thomas.

Okay, I posted an answer in the other thread (not sure why there are so many double posts - is CC site going haywire or what???)

I wanted to add something - that I also agree and say that I don't remember any RCCL ship stopping at St. John the island. (I so wish they would have). St. John, Antigua, is amazing, too!!! You'll love it!

We went on a mangrove kayaking/snorkeling adventure and absolutely loved it! I heard the sailboat/party trip is a blast, too.

Trust me, skip St. Thomas and go to the incomparable St. John beach excursion!

(Don't you just love these types of dilemmas???;)

we just returned from a cruise on the Mariner and we stopped in St Thomas, and I took a smaller boat to St John for an island excursion, it was beautiful, proably the highlight of my cruise, St John is amazing and beautiful, have a wonderful cruise

Archived