Favorite red polish?

GORDONCHICK

Hi,

Just came across this thread and had to post! I used to wear "I'm not really a waitress" and now wear "An Affair in Red Square". I get stopped by gals all the time asking me what color nail polish I am wearing!!! It's my Valentine Color!!!!! I'll stop wearing it by Spring.

Sheila

I'm wearing I'm not a Waitress now on my toes! Though my favorites are OPI Chick Flick Cherry (which is a dark pinkish red) and Thrill of Brazil--those are better summer colors for me, my skin tone, and the clothing I usually wear. In the winter, I'll go darker (more burgundy).

I don't do my own nails often, so I don't buy a lot of polish--but I own a few OPI, just so I can have the salon do a pedicure but have the polish to travel with to fix any scrapes etc on my toes. I don't paint my nails, since I garden and do a lot of other work with my hands--clean nails & a lack of hangnails (frequent lotion application) is as much as I hope for with my fingernals :rolleyes:

I'm a huge OPI fan! But I recently discovered ELF products:

www.EyesLipsFace.com

The nailpolish is AWESOME! It lasts forever and is a great quality. And at $1 a bottle, you can try every shade they have!

Everything from ELF is a dollar (except their mineral makeup, a tad more). It's so fun to experiment with different colors for cheap.

If you google "eyes lips face code" you can get all kinds of discounts, depending on how much you are spending.

Ladies - I have a trick that works with whatever red polish you choose. Use gold polish for the base coat, and then use the red for your main coat - and finish with a clear top coat. The gold will show through with a glint of color when your nails catch the light - especially in sunlight. Very nice! I use this trick with Cheri Christmas Red every year for the holidays.

Bricked

I'm partial to OPI's "I'm Not Really A Waitress" red. Love it! :o

I like this one, too! Had it put on before my Jewel cruise last year.

Now - I have a question. I'm not a very "girly" girl and don't generally do makeup, nails, etc. But I'm going to be in a ballroom dance competition in April and have decided to have a mani/pedi done the day before. Hey, if I'm waving that hand around (hopefully gracefully), those nails should look good. Ditto for the toenails peeking out of my strappy new dance shoes.

SO - I just bought a dress for my waltz on eBay, and it's aqua. But the dress I'm probably going to wear for my cha-cha is mostly red with a little black.

I don't care for the french manicure look. Any suggestions on a color that would look good with both dresses would be gratefully accepted!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived