Enough time to see the OSJ sites?

mgkdk

Going on AOS 4/6/08 with family of 9(first time with entire family). Have cruised out of SJ 4 times and still have not seen the city.

Would we have enough time to see the fort and some of the city? We land at 1:30pm, will taxi to ship, should be on board no later than 3pm (hopefully!).

Have 12 yr od DD that loves history and would make a great report for school.

You need to check what time the fort closes--that could put a crimp in your plans! OSJ has shops that are fun to check-out. But, if the Fort closes early, I wouldn't bother roaming off the ship--I'd just stay on the ship and get my vacation started!

Going on AOS 4/6/08 with family of 9(first time with entire family). Have cruised out of SJ 4 times and still have not seen the city.

Would we have enough time to see the fort and some of the city? We land at 1:30pm, will taxi to ship, should be on board no later than 3pm (hopefully!).

Have 12 yr od DD that loves history and would make a great report for school.

The forts close at 5pm and your ship is at the Pan Am Pier which is a bit of a cab ride away. If history is your object make sure you head to the forts first and then walk down hill towards Old San Juan.

Actually the forts, El Morro and San Cristobal, closes at 6PM from Dec. to May and 5PM from June to Nov. Since your ship sails at 8:30 this should give you time to see the fort and walk back through OSJ to the harbor front before going back to the Pan Am pier to reboard.

Info on forts at http://www.gotopuertorico.com/puerto-rico-fort-san-felipe.php

If you find you don't have enough time to do it on departure day, you may be able to do it when you return to SJ, depending on your flight time. Last time we took advantage of being able to check in our bags at the pier, and then we went up to the fort before going to the airport.

Have an enjoyable time!

I was wondering about this too. We're arriving in PR on Friday at 1:09 p.m. and our boat leaves from the Pan Am pier at 8 p.m. Will we have time to see OSJ? Should we go to the ship first or just head to OSJ and leave our lugggage at Barrachina? I saw that Barrachina only offers the service until 5 so I was worried about not getting to see everything in a couple hours.

We're mostly interested in seeing the fort and views. Everything else (walking around town, maybe a couple shops) is just icing on the cake.

Archived