Travelodge Hotels in London

jstducky

I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at any of the Travelodge Hotels in the London area?

There is a new one that apparently just opened nearby Heathrow called the Travelodge Heathrow Terminal 5. I found a room for one night for 3 adults at a great price.

I would love to hear from anyone who has ever stayed at any Travelodge.

I'm just looking for a simple, no frills place to spend one night. I can't find much information about the hotel on the Travelodge website. My biggest question, and maybe this is stupid, is the hotel has private baths, correct?

Anyhow, any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

I'm a big fan of Travelodge - I've used them extensively, in fact I'm booked into the same one as you the night before a trans-atlantic flight in July. They are clean and comfortable and yes, they have private baths.

I've read that perhaps there is an issue of getting to/from the hotel to Heathrow if you do not have your own transportation. Have you heard anything about this? Or do you have any insights?

Thanks!

When I use the Travelodge I will have driven there and I will be dropping my car off at a car park the next morning so I haven't looked into this.

Having said that, I have stayed at other Heathrow hotels without my car. There is a very efficient shuttle system that calls round each of the hotels for each terminal. There are four of us so we have found it actually cheaper to just get a taxi - a year ago it was £16 which we made up to £20 with the tip. The taxis are all over the airport and they are on a meter.

The new Travelodge at Heathrow opened in December. Its a bit in the middle of nowhere, next to a motorway junction and an indiustrail estate the other side. Having said that, that nothing unusual at Heathrow.

If you can get one of the 29 GBP or 39 GBP rates for a room its very, very good value. The actual rooms/bathrooms are similar to something like Holiday Inn in US, a 3 star hotel. This particular hotel is very good for Terminals 4 or 5, not so great for Terminals 1,2,3.

The new Travelodge at Heathrow opened in December. Its a bit in the middle of nowhere, next to a motorway junction and an indiustrail estate the other side. Having said that, that nothing unusual at Heathrow.

If you can get one of the 29 GBP or 39 GBP rates for a room its very, very good value. The actual rooms/bathrooms are similar to something like Holiday Inn in US, a 3 star hotel. This particular hotel is very good for Terminals 4 or 5, not so great for Terminals 1,2,3.

thank you for the information. i will actually be using the hotel to stay overnight after I land at LHR, but before I leave for Southampton the next day.

However, I do land at Terminal 2. Hm....

And I know this travelodge isn't part of the Hotel Hoppa bus system.

I may start a new thread, but has anyone ever stayed at the Jurys Inn at Heathrow or the Comfort Hotel Heathrow?

Archived