Half Day Tour: Mandoo vs Celebrity

CaribbeanBound

Mandoo has a $45 half-day morning tour and Celebrity has a $39 half-day tour. Anyone know the difference? They both go to:

Dougaldston Spice Estate

Gouyave

Belvedere

Grand Etang

I do note Mandoo goes to Concord Falls, while Celebrity goes to Anandale and Fort Fredericks.

I know Mandoo is good, but what am I getting for the extra $6 pp?

You get MANDOO!!! He is a wonderful man-so dedicated to his island and his people. After experiencing 3 impersonal ship tours with large groups of people, I would never consider one again. We felt safe with him. You will be very pleased if you select him as your guide for the day. His tour was most defintely one if the highlights of our recent cruise.

We toured w/Mandoo on 2/12 for a 1/2 day tour. He was WONDERFUL. Very informative, professional, well-dressed and polished. His tour is not to be missed. Very easy to spot too - "THE MAN IN WHITE". ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your suggestions. We just got back from Grenada and took the Mandoo Tour.

We arranged for a 4-hour half-day half day "Spice Plantation Route" tour with Mandoo Tours at $45 per person, plus tips. It ran from 8am to noon plus beach time. The spice plantation route is going to give you a great feel of the island. We visited the Douglaston Spice Depot where we saw a presentation on many of Grenada's spices, and where fresh quality spices were available for purchase. We drove through the lush volcanic mountains to where multiple spice plants, cocoa and bananas plantations were pointed out to us. Great photo shots. We visited Grand Etang Crater Lake where we saw our first Mona monkey. We drove through the rain forest and made a stop at Annandale Waterfall. At the end of the tour we were given time at the beach and then returned to the ship.

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

Thank you for your suggestions. We just got back from Grenada and took the Mandoo Tour.

We arranged for a 4-hour half-day half day "Spice Plantation Route" tour with Mandoo Tours at $45 per person, plus tips. It ran from 8am to noon plus beach time. The spice plantation route is going to give you a great feel of the island. We visited the Douglaston Spice Depot where we saw a presentation on many of Grenada's spices, and where fresh quality spices were available for purchase. We drove through the lush volcanic mountains to where multiple spice plants, cocoa and bananas plantations were pointed out to us. Great photo shots. We visited Grand Etang Crater Lake where we saw our first Mona monkey. We drove through the rain forest and made a stop at Annandale Waterfall. At the end of the tour we were given time at the beach and then returned to the ship.

http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/caribbean-secrets.html

Hi,

We just booked with Mondoo for the spice plantation half day tour. He says he will pick us up at 8.30am and we will be back at the ship at about 1pm. this is our itinerary:

"Douglaston spice depot, there will be a presentation on all the spices, fresh quality spices are available for purchase

Drive through the lush volcanic mountains to see the spices,cocoa and bananas plantations. Great photo shots.

Grand etang crater lake.Presentation on the crate lake and surrounding areas.

Rain forest. Small walk on the nature trail if so desire. May see the Mona monkeys.

Annandale waterfall.

You mention going to a beach - can you tell me if that was pre-scheduled into your tour or not and also which beach did you visit and roughly for how long?

Thanks!

Hi,

We just booked with Mondoo for the spice plantation half day tour. He says he will pick us up at 8.30am and we will be back at the ship at about 1pm. this is our itinerary:

"Douglaston spice depot, there will be a presentation on all the spices, fresh quality spices are available for purchase

Drive through the lush volcanic mountains to see the spices,cocoa and bananas plantations. Great photo shots.

Rain forest. Small walk on the nature trail if so desire. May see the Mona monkeys.

Annandale waterfall.

You mention going to a beach - can you tell me if that was pre-scheduled into your tour or not and also which beach did you visit and roughly for how long?

Thanks!

We did not get a beach stop; not sure why. I noticed after the tour that the itinerary had it in there.

Trust me, if you go with Mandoo, you won't regret it. We've done many private tours, and he is the best guide by far.

Just returned from Celebrity Galaxy 11 day cruise of southern and eastern Caribbean. I arranged for a full day tour including lunch with Mandoo and it was the best tour of the 8 ports we visited. Mandoo is very professional and has recent model buses that hold about 20 people (we had 12 on ours). The total cost was $70.00 including lunch at a restaurant called The Estuary. You may have a better chance getting Mandoo as your guide if you take the full day tour (Mandoo indicated that he has 7 buses).

Chuck

Hi,

Annandale waterfall.

Thanks!

We took the half day tour with Mandoo last month. You won't regret booking with him; he was super!

There were about 14 people on our bus. At the end of the tour he offered to take us to the beach at no extra charge. My husband and I were the only ones that wanted to go to the beach, so he took everyone else back to the cruise ship dock, then drove the two of us to the beach; I think it was Grand Anse. He even offered to come back later and pick us up, again at no extra charge, but we felt he had done enough for us. So we took the water taxi back to the dock; it was about $3 a person.

We made arrangements to go on a private tour with him two years ago or so. Made it clear we wished to be the only ones in the car. He agreed. I followed up with him twice more to make sure we were understood. When we arrived at the dock, at first we could not find him. Then someone pointed him out. He said we had to wait for another couple. So we canceled and got another tour guide who did a nice job. So, I'm not sure how much I would recommend Mandoo.

Archived