Valor Balcony Question

Nando52

i Am In The Process Of Booking On The Valor And Was Thinking About An Aft Balcony On The Empress Deck (7). Anyone Know Of Any Problems Or Concerns? Noise, Privacy, Engine Vibration. Are The Aft Balconies Larger Than Normal On This Deck? Any Insight And/or Advice Would Be Appreciated. If You Have Any Pics That Would Be Aweseome As Well.

i Am In The Process Of Booking On The Valor And Was Thinking About An Aft Balcony On The Empress Deck (7). Anyone Know Of Any Problems Or Concerns? Noise, Privacy, Engine Vibration. Are The Aft Balconies Larger Than Normal On This Deck? Any Insight And/or Advice Would Be Appreciated. If You Have Any Pics That Would Be Aweseome As Well.

are you talking standard aft cabin over the wake or the 9A corner wrap cabins?

Assuming fully aft (not corners), the one issue we seemed to notice was that sometimes debris from above would end up on on our balcony, and also, don't leave any clothing out at night, as the window washer will ensure that it is wet in the morning. The balconies are definitely deeper, but the railing/glass combo is also slanted.

Privacy can be a minor issue, as even if you are sitting close to your door, the next door neighbors can just go up to the rail, and look over at you. We did not have nosey cruisers next to us though, so that was not a problem for us.

Love, LOVE standing out on the aft balcony, and watching the wake, and the view is excellent, as you can see nicely around both sides. :p

If you are talking about the cabins turned long ways near the rear, we have one booked on the Empress deck. We were told that there are cabins above and below us so little or no noise. Do a search on google for cabin 7439 or 7434 and there are pictures. I was told there isn't a couch, but the balcony is over double the size of the regular balcony for the same price. I know there is someone on here that has had this cabin and complained about limited space, but we are more interested in having a larger balcony is more important then the size of the cabin to us. There are only 2 cabins on deck 7 and 4 on deck 6. My PVP is the one that told me about it and we are really excited about it. The balcony is 75 square feet compared to 38 square feet so it's almost double the size for the same price as a regular cabin!

Do a search on CC for a L shaped cabin. I tried but I guess this time of the night, I kept getting error messages. I know there is a thread on here about them

They are about a quarter of an inch larger. Large crowds will be staring down on you from above. Hooting and pointing and laughing..and spitting... Soot, half et burgers and cigarette butts will be 2 or 3 feet deep on the balcony every morning. The vibrations are so bad you will think you vision has gone blurry. The noise will make you think you've gone deaf. Violent movement, several feet in every direction, tossing you from wall to wall, to floor to ceiling. Many broken bones absolutely WILL happen....

Some of us volunteer to suffer thru the aft cabins. Best leave them to us martyrs.

We do it for all of you..........................;)

Dan

My DW and I booked our first cruise two years ago on the Valor. We had a regular aft balcony on the Empress deck. There were several things we enjoyed. The balcony was large enough that we could lay down on lounge chairs. We loved watching the wake. In St. Maarten the ship backed into port so we were "king of the world" for a few moments. There was a very slight vibration but we slept very well and heard no noise. Leaving St. Thomas at night allowed us to watch the lights of the island as we left. When you are at the rail of the balcony you can see other people at the rails as well, but sitting on the chairs seemed quite private. There was little wind, but there is also more sun so it can get hot. We enjoyed aft so much we booked an aft balcony on the Legend last year, and we are quickly turning into aft balcony snobs.

I have an Aft wrap for my upcoming cruise this Sunday on the Valor, then the following week I move next door to the 9A extended balcony.

I had the reg aft room last year room 6454 and it was awesome,

I always had to have a balcony now I have to have an AFT balcony.

We had no privacy at all as they are slanted, but that was ok. with me.

I will post photos in a few weeks.

They are about a quarter of an inch larger. Large crowds will be staring down on you from above. Hooting and pointing and laughing..and spitting... Soot, half et burgers and cigarette butts will be 2 or 3 feet deep on the balcony every morning. The vibrations are so bad you will think you vision has gone blurry. The noise will make you think you've gone deaf. Violent movement, several feet in every direction, tossing you from wall to wall, to floor to ceiling. Many broken bones absolutely WILL happen....

Some of us volunteer to suffer thru the aft cabins. Best leave them to us martyrs.

We do it for all of you..........................;)

Dan

Well, I assume that is a little tounge-in-cheek humor :D. I have had one of those standard aft cabins. The balconey itself is huge; at least 2 2 1/2 deeper than the standard balconies. On our's there was enough room for two chairs, a lounger, a table, and still room to stand and walk around.

The only downside to the balconey is that the walls are slanted and the each of the upper decks is staggered forward. This means that anyone above you can look down onto your balconey, and that those next to you can look into your space. If privacey is a big issue with you then I might look for another cabin. Also we noticed that there did seem to be a lot of soot on the table in the mornings, and some trash at times, Not all that much though.

On the upside, the view is great, and the balconey is huge. We never noticed any movement of the ship above the norm, and even though our cabin was right above the aft lounge, we never had a problem with noise.

Have a great cruise!!! :)

Archived