Liberty - Kid's Menu?

Dandy8

Can anyone tell me what's on the kids menu in the dining room on the Liberty of the Seas? If you have one you can scan and post that would be great. My kids are really picky so I wanted to get an idea of what's on the menu.

Remember, they are not restricted to the children's menu - they can have whatever they want from either menu (and so can you - the chicken noodle soup from the children's menu was great). You can also order off menu within reason - DIL didn't feel there were enough veggies for the kids and ordered steamed broccoli the first night which appeared every night thereafter.

So there is no age limit for the childrens menu? I was looking at the regular menus the other day and I don't think my 18 year old daughter would eat any of it. I'm hoping she will at least try some new things, but I don't want her to starve either!

So there is no age limit for the childrens menu? I was looking at the regular menus the other day and I don't think my 18 year old daughter would eat any of it. I'm hoping she will at least try some new things, but I don't want her to starve either!

ANYONE can eat off the kids menu. :D And any kid can eat off the adult menu.

I have one picky child that wanted raviolis for 7 straight nights (off the kid menu) and the other child wanted whatever I was eating off the adult menu.

ANYONE can eat off the kids menu. :D And any kid can eat off the adult menu.

I have one picky child that wanted raviolis for 7 straight nights (off the kid menu) and the other child wanted whatever I was eating off the adult menu.

Michelle,

I hope you don't mind I saved a copy from what you posted for my menu collection

LOL... I so wish i'd known about this before i sailed in November, we were very dissapointed in the food in the main dining room and VERY unhappy with the waiter service.

My 23 yr old son who has downs syndrome sailed with us and it was a nightmare trying to explain the menu to him with a waiter hovering at my shoulder, the poor chap was almost in tears trying to make an informed choice. The menu is ridiculous, i recall on the hawaiian night some appetiser that had soy sauce with it but they called the soy sauce some crazy name i had never heard of .... why?????....

We ended up eating at Johnny rockets and chops grille just to avoid having to explain the whole menu to my son before he could choose his meal... with a waiter breathing down his neck!

Dont worry we did tell the waiter to back off but it really didnt make any difference and when we told them we wouldnt be eating on the dining room the last night of the cruise we had the waiter , assistant waiter and the head waiter all trying to bully us into being there .... my thoughts were they were scared they wouldnt get thier tips!... we had prepaid those so they did get them but NO extras!

We were on the Liberty in January. Our waiter was fantastic. The first evening he asked all kinds of questions about our children's taste. Every night he had a fruit bowl waiting for the kids. He would offer a couple suggestions (usually from the adult menu, but always said we could have the chicken fingers, etc.) and the kids were happy every dinner. He took such good care of the kids. If they liked something, he would bring out a second helping (they loved the strawberry soup and the berry soup). He really cared about them eating healthy food that the kids liked. They ate steak, chicken, lamb, turkey, salad, veggies, fruit, etc.

I was so glad the kids didn't eat hot dogs, chicken nuggets, and mac n' cheese for seven days straight for both lunch and dinner. The kids were very happy with their meals. BTW my kids were 3.75 & 6.75 during the cruise.

Just got off Liberty on Saturday. Cruisinmama's menu still stands! Our DS6 ate with us in the dining room 4 of 7 evenings, 1 formal:D. He had steak 3 of those nights, and grilled cheese the other evening. Our waiter, Habib, was AMAZING! He doted over DS, took his order first, always had veggies for him. DS's favorite part was that Habib cut his steak for him. He said, "all I had to do was eat it!" . I guess he doesn't realize we still cut his steak for him, too?

Anyhoo, the food items are across the top of the menu, nd there are some time filler games on there, not unlike regular restaurant menus. If your little one likes to play, be sure and have a pen handy!

And don't forget they can have extra ice cream if they want, just like Mom & Dad;)

Thanks crusinmama for posting the menu and thank you to all of you for your replies. This was a great help!!! Both of my kids (DD8 & DD6) are very picky eaters so at least I know they'll be eating something. They do like fresh fruit so I'll take the idea of having the waiter put fresh fruit on the table every night. I am so ready for this trip......

Just wanted to let y'all know that the serving sizes are VERY small for the children's menu. The cheese pizza is ONE slice of pizza (I was thinking it would be a personal-sized pizza or something) - and with French fries and some attempt-at-being-a-salad thing on the same plate. The ravioli was in its own little bowl on the plate (a few ravs in the bowl), but also with French fries and the faux salad thing. Very strange!

Oh - and I don't know if they offer the menu to kids or not, but for adults who can't eat anything/much on the menu, they do not even suggest looking at the kids' menu. If I hadn't been on CC, I'd never had known there even WAS a kids' menu that I could request! (I cannot eat any of the appetizers on the regular menu and only one same entree every night [the alternate pasta selection].)

They will ask you if you want ketchup for the fries, but they squirt it for you instead of leaving the bottle at the table or bringing you a little cup of it.

When we took our kids on their first cruise on the Big Red Boat they wer about 7 & 9 and my daoughter loved the adult menuw whereas my son is a picky eater. One night on the adult menu i really did not like the sound of some of the meals so our waiter mentioned i could have something of the kids menu. I was shocked but ordered of the kids menu anyway. My husband laughed about all week but i got what i wanted. I also did it on one cruise without the kids.

Michele

The ravioli was in its own little bowl on the plate (a few ravs in the bowl), but also with French fries and the faux salad thing. Very strange!

Really? On Freedom my kids were given a HUGE plate of raviolis every night. I used to laugh because it just looked absolutely monstrous compared to my 3 year old. I should have taken a picture of it.

And there was no salad on it (my oldest hates salad) and my 3 year old ordered an adult sized salad every night (she liked the crumpled blue cheese)

I know I had to buy/make raviolis for months afterward because of how much they loved them on Freedom.

Really? On Freedom my kids were given a HUGE plate of raviolis every night. I used to laugh because it just looked absolutely monstrous compared to my 3 year old. I should have taken a picture of it.

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed that the waiter didn't even think of getting me more than the itsy-bitsy child size (which I don't think would fill up even a child!) or at least two of them. I wish it'd been a huge plate! Not that I eat much, but four or five raviolis in a bowl isn't very satisfying, even with a roll or two for an appetizer and eating the French fries that came with the meal (not two flavours I like to mix!) - don't recall if I had dessert that night or not.

The pizza slice I had another day was actually what I asked for as an appetizer, so although I was disappointed that it was only one slice, it wasn't a huge deal. (If I'd ordered that as my entree, you can bet I'd be telling the waiter to bring more! LOL!)

And this from the waiter who practically begged me (certainly annoyed me) to think of something he could make me as an appetizer every night (uhm, what could I think of that they would be able to make on a ship with limited supplies?! LOL!).

Yeah, I was pretty disappointed that the waiter didn't even think of getting me more than the itsy-bitsy child size (which I don't think would fill up even a child!) or at least two of them. I wish it'd been a huge plate! Not that I eat much, but four or five raviolis in a bowl isn't very satisfying, even with a roll or two for an appetizer and eating the French fries that came with the meal (not two flavours I like to mix!) - don't recall if I had dessert that night or not.

That's a shame, he could have at least brought you an adult sized portion :(

Yeah, I just figured he would bring me an adult-sized portion, so I didn't think to mention it/ask for it the first time with the ravs. The second time (I only ordered from the children's menu twice) was just as an appetizer, so I figured the child-sized portion would be enough. I guess it is true what they say about "assuming"! :p

Oh they would be fast friends and dining companions. When she's not eating raviolis she is eating mac n cheese. ;)

I have no idea how I got such a picky kid.

My kids are the same way too....I'm not sure where they came from either since my husband and I will eat anything and at least try anything. Dinner is very stressful every night but since we are on vacation I let them order whatever they want every night....why stress myself out on vacation?

Oh well, a happy child with a full tummy beats a crabby one any day!:D

AMEN to that! :D No doubt!

Dinner is very stressful every night but since we are on vacation I let them order whatever they want every night....why stress myself out on vacation?

Yep! I don't like being a short order cook when I am at home and making 4 different meals for everyone...but when we're on a ship and I am not the cook... ;) :D

Archived