Seattle pier 30 to airports-taxi or transfer?

wlfarm

Coming back into Seattle on June 14th from Alaskan cruise and have early(12:00) flight out from Sea-Tac. I am needing fastest way to airport. I have never used cruiseline transfer and have always taken a cab from cruise termanial to airport. I figure that with having to load many passengers on bus and stop at different airlines entrances and unload luggage,that cab would be faster. Am I correcct? Are there plenty of cabs at pier 30? Also, how never done self debark, how much time would this save? I assume I can go to purser day before and get early debark "tags".

Thanks,

There will be two ships disembarking at Terminal 30 on Saturdays, so that will make the queue for taxis fairly long, and the transportation supervisor does make you "wait your turn" for a cab.

You will need to be at SEA-Tac no later than 10:00 am for a domestic flight. Trip runs from 30-60 minutes depending on traffic and congestion between pier and airport (including the construction in the airport area).

Depending on the crowds at Terminal 30, self disembarkation may be at least a little quicker, if you are able to handle all of your luggage yourself.

12:00 flight is cutting it pretty close, but you should be able to make it. As SeattleCruiseLover suggested carry your own bags off so you can be off the ship as early as possible. The benefits of self-disembarkation are that you generally get off the ship in one of the earliest groups and you don't have to search around for your luggage. This can save a substantial amount of time.

There is no slower mode of transportation than the cruise line transfers (IMHO). Take a cab, you will be there much quicker even if you have to wait in the que. Have always seen plenty of cabs available at Terminal 30.

You could try and pre-arrange a limo, but might be tough since you won't know exactly what time you will be off the ship. I think I would just stick with taking a cab. Traffic heading south out of town shouldn't be bad on a Saturday morning, but you never know around here. If you don't hit any traffic it is only a 20-30 minute ride to SEA (of course it could take an hour also). If you are in an early group off the ship there shouldn't be a long wait for a taxi.

Archived