Wanted.. Information on the Grandeur

srjmom

We are going on the Grandeur of the seas in March. Anyone who has cruised lately have any information or opinions of this ship. This is our 1st RCC cruise and after reading about all the great stuff on bigger ships. I'm hoping to hear some goooood stuff about this ship. Anyone have pictures of cabin 8006 to share? We have 3 kids 19, 17 and 3 years. Anyone have info on their kids club? Sorry so long but thanks for any and all information!!

It may not have the skating rink and specialty restaurants of the larger ships but we love this ship. We'll be greatly disappointed if she ever leaves the fleet. It's a small (by todays standard) ship that is intimate and easy to get around. The crew is very friendly and helpful. We've always found something good to eat (and I'm quite picky). We've never seen anything around the ship to be worth complaining about. We were on the ship three times from Baltimore last year and can't wait until May when we can get back on her again. We have three cruises booked on this ship again this year. We're looking forward to seeing the same crew again.

I don't have kids so I can't speak to the kids clubs. I do know that there were about 500+ kids on over Thanksgiving that seem to be having a great time.

We did the Grandeur repo from Baltimore to NOLA in 2006. It's a very nice ship. We have no children, but to all the parents we spoke with, the kids program was excellent. They hated to leave the club to spend time with their parents. Here are some pic's of our Mardi Gras themed cruise:

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=215103943/a=99236169_24631542/t_=99236169

Rick and Deirdra

Don't let the age (12 years) of the Grandeur bother you - she is elegant, in great shape, and a perfect size. Recently off a Radiance-class (Brilliance), and I like the Grandeur better. Just signed on for 21 days later this year!

PS cruiser,

We've been on Grandeur and Brilliance (and Jewel). Grandeur was a tremendous cruise. Just doesn't have the few more bells and whistles that the Radiance class ships have. However, we've been on Empress three times and have had just as much fun as Brilliance/Jewel. Let's face it, if you enjoy cruising, you can have a great time on any size ship!

Rick and Deirdra

I went on the Grandeur 2 years ago..I was there to celebrate my 21st bday with my mom, my cousin was celebrating her 30th bday, my aunt and uncle were celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary...this ship pleased everyone! Definitely check out the karaoke and other board entertainment as a family or at least with your older kids! Enjoy it! You will love cruising!

Pumbaamd,

How true, we had a great time on the "old" Majesty, also.

Some comparisons I would make between Grandeur and Brilliance: Dining - thought the Grandeur was much more open, airy, elegant. Lounge - much preferred Grandeur's South Seas to the stunning, but too small, Colony Club. Buffet - much preferred the Grandeur's arrangement. Don't want to shortchange the Brillance, she has some very nice areas, such as the Solarium, but was not improved in all areas like I expected.

BTW- if I remember correctly, you were scheduled for the 2005 repo for a while? That was a great cruise!!

Cindi- to my knowledge nobody knows, wondered this myself.

First of all, when we got to the Baltimore cruiseport, she had arranged for all of us "Tikis" to be handed necklaces on entry. With these, we got expedited boarding, just like the Diamonds. She also arranged for preferred dining seating, etc., and we had a great M&M party, and then we all got invitations to her Tiki party in the Royal Suite. This was a great time, many of the officers and entertainers attended, and we got to see the lifestyle of the rich and famous!

Following this cruise, I understand that she took over as Pier Director elsewhere, I think it might have been Boston. Soon after that, she pretty much stopped posting. The board from that 2005 cruise is still quite active, and I haven't seen any indication that anyone there has seen or communicated with her in a long time - a mystery!

We were on the Grandeur week before last. Although we've sailed other RCL ships up to and including Mariner in size, we found Grandeur to be the perfect size for us and we didn't miss the bells and whistles of some of the larger ships. Great ship and crew............:)

We sailed the Splendour on our first cruise (same class) and thought she was WONDERFUL. Had a lot of influence on our choice to cruise the Grandeur for our second cruise. We depart on the 28th of Feb and will be back on March 5th. I will be happy to share all my thoughts with you then.

Or go to our Meet and Mingle board for the Feb 28th cruise. Dave the Wave has sailed her many times and will be happy to help you out.

Archived