grand princess balcony

chasingships

My family is going on the Grand Princess in Jan we have a BA cabin on the Caribe deck. Any chance we can walk in between our balcony and my families next to us?? We have been on 2 cruises on RCCI Rhapsody. Our 6 year loved the childrens program on that ship. Can anyone give me any advise on the childrens program on the Grand.:confused:

:eek: I hate to ask this but I must. How do you put in a new post instead of a post in this thread????

The cabin steward has a special key to open the door. You should also bring some type of cord to tie the door open. I ended up using an extension cord which was nine feet long. I wrapped the cord around the door and the panel and tied it off. This kept the door from closing and swinging back and forth.

TexJan,

You might want to look at http://www.cruisestateroom.com for a comparision. Seems to me that a Grand Princess minisuite might be comparable but it doesn't appear to be as large. Actually most of the cabins on Grand are small but they seem to be laid out so that they do not seem as small. Also, they have plenty of storage space on shelves and drawers. The closet was a little tight and you have to get additional hangers from the cabin attendant.

texjan: No balcony cabin on Grand Princess has a sitting area, only one small club chair. You will feel crowded in comparison to a JS on RCI. Nearest match to that would be a mini-suite on Grand. All the minis on Emerald deck have covered balconies and are Cat. AD. All other minis have totally open balconies. Another possibility for more room is to book a balcony on the Caribe deck, as these balconies are double the size of the other decks and are half covered. We used the covered area as a sitting room on Star to Alaska.

39August & mpbmark

I'll either do the mini on the Emerald or the balcony on the Caribe.

I was confused looking at their deck plans. I always pick a week it rains so I'd better get at least some covered balcony. We just got back on the Rhapsody the week of 9-12-04 during Ivan so you see what I mean.

Thanks again

TexJan

Texjan,

While the Caribe balconies are larger and partially covered, the cabins probably won't be to your liking as they are smaller than you are used to. The Emerald mini-suites are larger and have covered balconies. The balcony cabins (BE & BF) are the same size as the regular balcony cabins, but the balcony overlooks the promenade deck. While they have a roof, the front of the balcony is glass, covered with a reflective coating, and it doesn't appear to offer much privacy.

Archived