How can I make this work?

mrstay

I recently booked a cruise for November while onboard my cruise, to get the $100 OBC. I now need to cancel it, but I do not want to lose the booking number. Does the booking number actually have to be tied to a booking, or can it "float" until we decide again which cruise next year? This was not a "next cruise program" cruise, but an actual booking. What do I need to do to keep the $100 OBC for a future cruise?

Hmm....... I'm not sure, but maybe you could go ahead and pick another cruise in the future and transfer the booking, and then when final payment or cancellation date approaches transfer it again????

That would not be so bad, but that means another $500 tied up until .....

It does not mean tying up more money. Instead of cancelling the current booking, TRANSFER the booking to a future cruise, say some time in 2009. That will preserve your onboard credit. They will just slide your deposit onto the new cruise.

Never cancel a cruise; transfer the booking number to a future cruise and you will not lose the obc's.

It would be the same 500$ currently tied up ,not additional.

I know it will not be additional monies, but since I am taking a cruise in November on a different line instead, it will be additional. I did not want to have two deposits tying my monies up. But I see that the only way to keep it is to rebook another cruise with them.

Thanks

I know it will not be additional monies, but since I am taking a cruise in November on a different line instead, it will be additional. I did not want to have two deposits tying my monies up. But I see that the only way to keep it is to rebook another cruise with them.

Thanks

What is the other cruise line Tammy :confused: After you answer we might be able to tell you if you are making a mistake with your money, lol ;) :p

###

What is the other cruise line Tammy :confused: After you answer we might be able to tell you if you are making a mistake with your money, lol ;) :p

###

Phoenixcruiser: As you can see from my signature I am going to be sailing the Holland America Westerdam. Is it different from RCI - YES. After my last sailing I noticed so much of a decline in service and food, that I, like others here, am going to jump ship and try something different. The itinerary is more what we are cruising for, but a change will be nice also.

As far as whether I would be wasting my money is something that is relative. It may be a waste for you, but not for me.

As you can see from my signature I am going to be sailing the Holland America Westerdam. Is it different from RCI - YES. After my last sailing I noticed so much of a decline in service and food, that I, like others here, am going to jump ship and try something different. The itinerary is more what we are cruising for, but a change will be nice also.

I sailed on the Zuiderdam 2 years ago and it was wonderful. RCCL was more fun - but HAL was wonderful and the islands they sail to are great! Have a wonderful time!

Kathy

Phoenixcruiser: As you can see from my signature I am going to be sailing the Holland America Westerdam. Is it different from RCI - YES. After my last sailing I noticed so much of a decline in service and food, that I, like others here, am going to jump ship and try something different. The itinerary is more what we are cruising for, but a change will be nice also.

As far as whether I would be wasting my money is something that is relative. It may be a waste for you, but not for me.

WOW Tammy...guess you missed my wink :eek: and lol!! I was being facetious :cool: You are correct, the itinerary is wonderful. I was just trying to answer your original question.

###

I believe that PhoenixCruiser was only kidding about the making a mistake remark based upon the "lol" and the smiley faces at the end, but you will be unable to avoid the additional deposit being tied up unless you actuall want to cancel.

I would recommend transferring it to a later booking until after your November cruise to make sure you do not loose your OBC.

Enjoy your cruise either way.

Deb

I believe that PhoenixCruiser was only kidding about the making a mistake remark based upon the "lol" and the smiley faces at the end, but you will be unable to avoid the additional deposit being tied up unless you actuall want to cancel.

I would recommend transferring it to a later booking until after your November cruise to make sure you do not loose your OBC.

Enjoy your cruise either way.

Deb

Thanks Deb, you are correct! I really don't pay attention to the signatures.

###

WOW Tammy...guess you missed my wink :eek: and lol!! I was being facetious :cool: You are correct, the itinerary is wonderful. I was just trying to answer your original question.

###

I am sorry if I jumped. These boards of late have changed so much for the negative. Everyone seems to be jumping on everyone and being so judgemently of their opinions. I do apologize.

I am sorry if I jumped. These boards of late have changed so much for the negative. Everyone seems to be jumping on everyone and being so judgemently of their opinions. I do apologize.

No stress Tammy!! You are right about the deposits, we also booked a next cruise, paid the full deposit and really hope everything works out. :)

###

Archived