Is the am flight too early?

CRUZIN 4 SUN

Crown Princess schedlued to arrive Sat 7am in San Juan.

I booked a flight AA that departs 1025 am.

Can anyone tell me if this will be enough time? We are flying on miles, so I hope if we are late, we can fly a later flight standby for no additional charge?

Thank you

Crown Princess schedlued to arrive Sat 7am in San Juan.

I booked a flight AA that departs 1025 am.

Can anyone tell me if this will be enough time? We are flying on miles, so I hope if we are late, we can fly a later flight standby for no additional charge?

Thank you

We had the 9:40 on Continental off the Crown and had no problems but we were prepared to spend the night if necessary. ;)

You will have to do the express walk off carrying your own luggage though. :)

According to Princess, when we went 2 wks ago, the earliest recommended flight is 10:30 am. If your ship is delayed even a little with docking, you will miss your flight.

When we went to Hawaii and came back to LA to dock, another ship was in our spot and it took 1-1/2 hrs for them to get another dock for us. We had a noon flight and made it to the gate as they started boarding. It's not just getting off the boat, it's the bus transfer too if you are doing that.

Celebrity would not let people take their luggage if they were not in our Beige-2 group even though they were standing right there and had slipped in with our group so they could make their flight. There were a lot of angry words passing back & forth. The employee is not empowered to make "executive" decisions and is afraid of losing his job, and the passenger is frustrated over the lack of understanding over their situation.

According

Celebrity would not let people take their luggage if they were not in our Beige-2 group even though they were standing right there and had slipped in with our group so they could make their flight. There were a lot of angry words passing back & forth. The employee is not empowered to make "executive" decisions and is afraid of losing his job, and the passenger is frustrated over the lack of understanding over their situation.

This is why Princess has express disembarkation (carry luggage) for early flights so you can be the first group off at around 7:45 if everything goes well.

When we went on our recent cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we had an earlier flight and we were worried. Before we left, we call the 1-800-Princess number and asked them aout flight departure times ont he day of disembarkation. They apparently have some guidelines in writing or on their computer because they were able to tell us that for Fort Lauderdale, a 10:30 flight would be be all right.

With that said, with the new disembarkation process, we were initially given our luggage tags and group according to our deck. They had given out disembarkation information pamphlet mid week I think - it was left in our stateroom. For our flight (12 noon) our recommend disembarkation time was earlier than the time given to us so we went down to the puser's desk and easily got our time and luggage tags changed to an earlier time.

We were off the ship, picked up our luggage, and cleared customs by 8:15 AM, and I believe we were at the airport by 8:45 (I don't know the airport situation for San Jaun but FLL is very close to the cruise pier). We actually waited for 2 1/2 hours for our flight.

So, I would call Princess and they can probably tell you what time would be safe for your flight home. In the case of FLL, we were told that a 10:30 AM flight or later would be alright.

Be aware that express disembarkation is only if you can handle ALL of your luggage on your OWN (down the hallways, and sometimes raised thresh holds for fire doors, over the gangway, etc). We did not do express disembarkation.

Archived