Pirate Adventure Tour

cdnliving

Just wondering if anyone is aware of a Pirate Adventure Tour in St. Thomas. I have looked to avail, but with all that history, I must be missing something.... My 11 year old son, would love a sailing adventure

complete with tales of pirates (dressed the part of course) and a trip to

a beach to find booty, and maybe a stop at blackbeards castle to start the tour. Does anything like this exist??

Something like that was mentioned in the paper, and will be available in March (supposedly). I know they'll have "pirates" onboard who'll be telling history stories, and something about giving out some doubloons. It'll pretty much be restricted to the harbor. Stay tuned...

Since it hasn't officially started yet, I can't give you more details right now, but I was thinking about going to the harbor to see if they have the boat docked there yet. I'll post more details as I get them.

I did a pirate encounter in Grand Caymans last summer. I thought it was going to be really goofy, but ended up really enjoying it. The pirate ship was anchored off the shore so we had to take a smaller boat out to it. They brought the pirate ship along side our ship and fired volleys at it. They made the kids swab the deck and put two of the older kids on trial. They happened to be my niece and her friend, who had been laughing at all the other kids scrubbing the deck. Then everyone got to walk the plank and go snorkeling for about 20-30 minutes.

dolfansam, I've heard of that pirate tour, but I don't think the St Thomas one will be similar. Since it'll travel the harbor, you won't have the opportunity to snorkel. Nobody is doing a tour of that description in St Thomas - yet.

I think the pirate ship tour that is being talked about is the Treasure Seeker pirate ship. It was previously located in St. Petersburg Florida. I have been out on their ship a couple of different times while they were here in FL. They are a well run family business and do their best to make sure their guests have a good time. I last talked to them a few days before they were intending to leave, as I recall they were planing on leaving on Feb.14 and thought that it would take approx. 18 days to make the trip to St. Thomas, so if all went well they should be appearing any time now. It will be hard to miss the big red and black pirate ship when it arrives. They have secured docking space right along the waterfront but beyond that I am not sure of their tour plans. I was told that they did intend to keep their same phone number as their previous St. Pete location. I will try to locate a picture and post it. I wish them luck and encourage you to give them a try once they are up and running, I doubt you would be disappointed.

There is the doubloon sail and snorkle in St. Thomas. It is a BLAST! The crew gets you really involved. They give everyone skull and crossbone tatoos and serve a rum and banana type bunch. Our kids thought it was "awesome" They still talk about it and it was 4 years ago.

The Treasure Seeker isn't the Pirate Adventure Tour that's been announced in the local paper. The one I mentioned will be owned by the Crown Bay ships agent (whose name I can't remember!)

I've heard good things about the Doubloon, but I think all snorkeling is from the boat, and some kids don't feel comfortable with that.

BTW, there's talk of a Pirate Festival coming to St Thomas end of Oct. If you Google St Thomas Pirate Festival, you should find the website.

Archived