Helping plan honeymoon

Kathy0418

My daughter is having her honeymoon cruise on the Valor in June. Our family has cruised quite a bit but there are a couple of ports we haven't been to (which is why they chose this particular itinerary). The couple are both currently swamped with finishing college so I've volunteered to help with cruise plans, plus I like to be on cruise critic but only when I have a cruise booked. This is almost as good. The ports are George Town, Grand Caymen, Roatan, Honduras and Belize City.

Also, my search function isn't working today for some reason and I was trying to check out transportation to/from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale before I buy plane tickets.

Thanks

They are getting married the night before so they are not getting in early. They are just arriving (probably about 11 am) and heading to the ship.

Well if money is no option hire a limo to take them to the port but that can get pricey. With that little time to spare, it would work out better than a rental car and dealing with shuttles, and with the honeymoon... I wouldnt want to do anything with the carnival transportation except maybe back to the airport...either that or a rental car so that they can take their time getting to the airport

Tell them to do cave tubing in Belize! There is a company, not used by the cruise ship, and the guy's name is Yhony. You might check out this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=196560

We really, really enjoyed it!

Also, we did a zip line in Honduras -- if they book anything there, do it through the ship. The guy was nice to work with before, but our excursion in Honduras was nothing short of a nightmare. If they go to the beach make sure they get bug stuff with 100% deet and put it on before they get off the ship, because of the sand fleas (or whatever it is). We put it on even to go to the zip line.

They'll love the Valor -- we had a great time on that cruise! If either gets sea sick, they'll DEFINITELY need something for the tender in Belize. I get car, sea and air sick so I always take something, and took it early. By the end of our day I needed more -- I almost got sick on the tender back, yuck!

And congratulations on their marriage! I was a June bride (last June 2!).

The last time we were in Grand Cayman we did an island tour which was great. It was booked through the ship. We will be back in Grand Cayman in April and this time we did not book through the ship. We booked online through grandcaymancruiseexcursions dot com. We are doing the wave runners to stingray city. Both of us are really excited about doing this excursion. On this website there are many different options to choose from in Grand Cayman. The people who run the site are very friendly and helpful and respond to any questions you have very quickly.:)

Yes. We go to Sea Grapes on Seven Mile Beach and it's awesome. Great strip of beach with chair rentals and a bar/restaurant right there on the beach. An iced drink in that sun is very welcomed :) The first time we went the taxi driver said "no I'll take you somewhere better." We said, no that's where we want to go. We're so glad we did! After that we typically take a cap back to the pier and then walk from there down to a restaurant called Paradise. You can sit on their balcony (which sits on the water) and see all the cruise ships and get a great beach. The food is good an inexpensive (in Cayman prices -- I think it costs us around $25USD to both eat and that's including a beer each typically).

Archived