Typical Airfare for Boston - Miami in January?

773 Miles Away

I'm hoping to book a cruise for the end of January of 2009. I'm currently in the Boston area.... the cruise prices (carnival) are great for that time of year. On top of that... most college kids are back in school, and the youngins are not quite on winter vacation yet. So it would be the perfect atmosphere for me.

BUT... I'm wondering if I will get robbed blind by flying during that time of year. Does anybody have any insight on how much airfare might cost during late January from the Boston area (boston ma or providence ri) to the Florida area (miami or ft. lauderdale)??

Obviously you can't give me exact prices... but ballpark?

I wish there were a website that shows average prices from the past.... I know prices will always change but it might give some clue to the next year. Does a site like that exist?

We usually cruise in late Jan. and fly from Providence on Southwest....my rule of thumb is if it's under $250 RT PP it's a good deal. This pass Jan. we paid $209 RT PP....Prov. to Orlando. Prices are about the same Prov. to Ft. Lauderdale. Jet Blue out of Boston is about the same and you can also check American Airlines....air prices late Jan. are usually reasonable....You won't get robbed.

Happy cruising....:)

Archived