Cab in San Diego

Marfa53

Can anyone tell me the price of a cab from the airport to the port in San Diego? There are only two of traveling with minimal luggage and I'm wondering if a cab would be cheaper than the shuttle? Thanks in advance for any help.

Just bear in mind that if you only go from the airport to the port in a cab, you may have a sullen and angry cab driver. They have to take your short trip (first in line is what you get) but they have waited in the airport line for hours sometimes, and want to get a big fare to the suburbs pretty badly.

Two in a shuttle will arrive just as quickly (I have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes for a shuttle to fill up at the airport...they are not allowed to park longer than 3 minutes at the curb), and there should be a rate for 2 that is nearly as cheap as a cab.

Just bear in mind that if you only go from the airport to the port in a cab, you may have a sullen and angry cab driver. They have to take your short trip (first in line is what you get) but they have waited in the airport line for hours sometimes, and want to get a big fare to the suburbs pretty badly.

Two in a shuttle will arrive just as quickly (I have NEVER waited more than 10 minutes for a shuttle to fill up at the airport...they are not allowed to park longer than 3 minutes at the curb), and there should be a rate for 2 that is nearly as cheap as a cab.

Shuttle is $7 per person + tip (plus the hassle of filling up the shuttle). Taxi is only about $7 + tip. I would take the cab.

When you say shuttle, do you mean those Super Shuttles? If so, do I need to make a reservation in advance?

There are a number of shuttle companies in San Diego at the airport. SuperShuttle owns Cloud 9, but there are others. You don't need reservations. Just go to the shuttle location, let the dispatcher know where you are going, and stand at the location they direct you to. I rarely wait more than 5 minutes for the right shuttle.

Archived