37 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you park in Galveston?

• EZ Cruise
    • Lighthouse
    • Port of Galveston lot
    • Hotel with free cruise parking
    • Other

StephenNSamantha,

We are doing the same thing this time for the same reasons. Also, one reason that we didn't like EZ was because they had no system for people to get on the bus in the order they arrived at the lot. We were the first ones to arrive. I was sitting down waiting for the bus to come because I am unable to stand for very long and when it arrived all the other people rushed up to it and started getting on ahead of us. I thought they should give out numbers or something so people who arrive first get to go to the port first. Just my opinion. Lighthouse may not be any different but I will know to ask.

• 2 months later...

We cruised out of Galveston on Apr. 20th 2008 and decided to save the extra money and park our car at the Lighthouse Parking. I would not suggest it. It certainly isn't worth the money!

The small bus that took us from the lot to the ship was EXTREMEMLY old! There were parts of the floor rusted through and the seats were just disgusting. Of course, I had a cute white "cruisy" skirt on so wasn't wanting to sit down on the used-to-be-grey-with-a-thick-coat-of brown-dirt colored seats.

In addition, the bus stops and lets people off (and picks them up after the cruise) at the farthest spot on the pier so you walk for a really long way. There are so many people being let off between the stop and the entrance to the terminal the baggage handlers don't even make it down that far to help you with your bags.

We ended taking a taxi back to the lot for $4 (before tip) after the cruise to save the walk and not have to hassle with the terrible buses. The staff was friendly, but they make it quite clear they are expecting tips.

In addition, the bus stops and lets people off (and picks them up after the cruise) at the farthest spot on the pier so you walk for a really long way. There are so many people being let off between the stop and the entrance to the terminal the baggage handlers don't even make it down that far to help you with your bags.

We used them for our cruise in March and had no problems. Then again, we couldn't wait for the shuttle and we walked back to the pier.

The reason they drop you off in a certain location is, I believe, due to an agreement between the city and the shuttle services. I know there is a restriction about taxi's being there. There was a woman who took a cab from another city and was told by security that the cab could not come on the pier because they didn't have a permit.

Archived