Well, We Officially Did It!

abschnick

We have sailed on RCCL for the last five cruises and decided we wanted to try something different. Soooo, we are now booked on the Crown for the Oct 12 sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. I hope it lives up to what we have come to expect from RCCL.

Hi-I agree with the previous poster.:) We have cruised only Princess of late became "Elite" very quickly and haven't looked over the stern to see what we could have done.:cool: Crown is 3100 passengers and has newer amenities like the Emerald and the soon to be Ruby. If you find something to correct on the cruise, mention it when it first happens and enjoy the "Escape Completely" cruise line of "our" choice.:D Paul in dry dock counting the days till our next adventure on the high seas.;)

We have sailed on RCCL for the last five cruises and decided we wanted to try something different. Soooo, we are now booked on the Crown for the Oct 12 sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale. I hope it lives up to what we have come to expect from RCCL.

We are in the same "boat" as you!:p We have only sailed on RC before and are also trying out the Crown, but the week before you. We are really excited to try out another line.

Isn't it funny how changing cruise lines can cause butterflys? We too are 'jumping the rccl ship' after many years to try something different. There have been a lot of changes within the Royal Caribbean system lately.

We are planning a cruise on the Caribbean Princess this March. I'm trying to think of it as trying out a different hotel or resort. I'm sure we will both have a great cruise. Enjoy!

Our (bfriend and I) first cruise together was a southern on the golden princess....we had a great time...service and food was the best. We didn't get to go to any shows in the theatre but the one we did go to in the lounge was bad.

We then went on the NOS and haven't changed from RCCL since....we are trying to get to diamond; which we hope we will do this year.

I will say that the food is getting old and some of the entertainment not so great. That's why we are going to give HA and Celebrity a try.

Would like to go back to princess but I have heard that their theatres are not built to hold enough people.....we love the entertainment part of a cruise. I have read this in quite a few reviews. Anyone give me their thoughts?

Anyway, that ship looks amazing so I say give it a whirl and report back with your comparisons, thoughts, etc.

Would like to go back to princess but I have heard that their theatres are not built to hold enough people.....we love the entertainment part of a cruise. I have read this in quite a few reviews. Anyone give me their thoughts?

Neither the Princess Theatre nor the lounge (Vista on Grand class and other names on other ships) was built to hold all the passengers at one time. Each evening there are generally two shows in each of these places which does allow everyone the opportunity to see a show. Most all shows are presented twice either on the same night or two different nights.

Where is the problem???? The problem is for those that want to arrive at the theater or lounge 5 or 10 minutes before show time for the early shows. These shows rarely have many or any seats left that close to show time. The majority of the people arrive immediately after first seating for traditional dining lets out. Those that plan their Anytime dining to arrive just prior to that time never have a problem. We have never not been able to see an early show but we do go immediately after dinner, with a book, and are prepared to sit for 30 minutes or so either reading or visiting with others.

Late shows frequently are never fully filled and you can walk right in as the show starts.

We have had more problems finding seats when cruising on HAL than we ever have had on Princess.

Archived