Seattle Q&A/FAQ

SeattleCruiselover

Hi Karen, Not sure if you already answered these ???. I looked through the 1st 10 pages (you are popular!) We are staying one prenight at the Fairmont(got it free through a HAL promotion). Where is the Fairmont located? How far from the waterfront, fish market, etc? Is there a market close where I can buy boxed wine, soda,and water to bring on board? How far to the dinner cruise you suggested? Do the hotel sell the cruise with transport like their other tours? We would like to go on the dinner cruise but with only one afternoon in Seattle we would like to see other things also. Thanks!

Hi Karen, Not sure if you already answered these ???. I looked through the 1st 10 pages (you are popular!) We are staying one prenight at the Fairmont(got it free through a HAL promotion). Where is the Fairmont located? How far from the waterfront, fish market, etc? Is there a market close where I can buy boxed wine, soda,and water to bring on board? How far to the dinner cruise you suggested? Do the hotel sell the cruise with transport like their other tours? We would like to go on the dinner cruise but with only one afternoon in Seattle we would like to see other things also. Thanks!

The Fairmont is at 4th Av and University. It is 3 blocks east and about 3-4 blocks south of Pike Place Market, 2 more blocks west will get you to the waterfront. The State Store, where you can buy spirits of all kinds, is at 2nd Av and Seneca St....about two blocks west and 3 blocks south of the Fairmont. There is a Bartell's Drugs at 4th and Madison where you can get the water. About three blocks south.

The Argosy dinner cruise is actually a quick walk from there. They are at about Pier 57, which is almost straight down from the Market. You could take the 16 or 66 bus back when you are done. You can catch it front of the ferry terminal (pier 50) and it will take you to 3rd and University, which is an easy walk back to the hotel. They usually leave at about 5-6 pm and are back by 8-9.

Need some help.....was planning on staying at one of the nicer downtown hotels with some sign on credit card bonus points but they have yet to be added to the account so it looks like we will be staying somewhere that we can afford to actually pay for...:( BOO HOO! Arriving in Seattle late evening on a Wednesday and really only looking for a clean room to sleep in and hopefully a complimentary shuttle the next morning to SeaTac. Was looking in hotels.com and found some fairly cheap prices(many less than $80) but reviews were not the greatest... have any suggestions?

Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express on International Blvd are pretty good, and they will take you back to SEA-Tac, no problems.

How is the Space needle brunch on a Sat? (...or can anyone recommend another champagne brunch on a Sat in Seattle?) I've had dinner at the space needle before & wasn't impressed but my son seems very interested in going up so I was thinking perhaps brunch would be better. Has anyone experienced this?

I'm honestly not any more impressed with their brunch than any other of their meals. Ivar's has a great brunch, but it is only on Sundays. I can't think of anyone off hand that has one on Saturday (not all that common around here on any day, actually).

I'm honestly not any more impressed with their brunch than any other of their meals. Ivar's has a great brunch, but it is only on Sundays. I can't think of anyone off hand that has one on Saturday (not all that common around here on any day, actually).

Thanks so much... I kind of figured it wasn't much to bother with.

I just booked with Mr. Singh (J&S Limo) for 6 people...It will be an SUV, but that will be ok...He will pick us up at the airport and take us to the downtown Sheraton...Price was $75 ($12.50 each)...Cost that much to ride the bus (shuttle) and this will be much easier...Hope this helps someone...Susan

Good, a 1 night stand will work for us as I think we'll be "dragging it" by the time we check in! For transfers in Seattle I planned to use the Gray Line roundtrip ticket for our pre cruise arrival transfer from Sea Tac to the Westin Hotel and then use the Gray Line for post cruise transfer from Amtrak to Sea Tac and take advantage of the hotel's complimentary shuttle(we'll call them when enroute to the airport) from the airport to the hotel....does this sound about the cheapest way to do this to you? Or should we skip the roundtrip transfer from Gary Line and just get the one way for the precruise transfer and take a cab from Amtrak directly to the hotel at the airport?

Good, a 1 night stand will work for us as I think we'll be "dragging it" by the time we check in! For transfers in Seattle I planned to use the Gray Line roundtrip ticket for our pre cruise arrival transfer from Sea Tac to the Westin Hotel and then use the Gray Line for post cruise transfer from Amtrak to Sea Tac and take advantage of the hotel's complimentary shuttle(we'll call them when enroute to the airport) from the airport to the hotel....does this sound about the cheapest way to do this to you? Or should we skip the roundtrip transfer from Gary Line and just get the one way for the precruise transfer and take a cab from Amtrak directly to the hotel at the airport?

Grayline is cheaper than a taxi OR the cruise line transfers. Just remember that you will have to call the number for their connector service to pick you up at King Street Station to take you downtown to meet the Airporter, because it doesn't stop there.

YOU ARE SO HELPFUL! And you may have already answered this - but what can you tell me about The Watertown Hotel? Although it's not downtown - they offer free shuttle to various places which would be nice! Some friends and I will be flying into Seattle next month to depart on a cruise to Alaska. We will spend one day and one night in Seattle. We plan to do some sightseeing and would like to find a place where we can walk around and see a lot (or have shuttle service take us). THANKS!

I just booked with Mr. Singh (J&S Limo) for 6 people...It will be an SUV' date=' but that will be ok...He will pick us up at the airport and take us to the downtown Sheraton...Price was $75 ($12.50 each)...Cost that much to ride the bus (shuttle) and this will be much easier...Hope this helps someone...Susan[/quote']

Where in the airport, will you be meeting him?

Sandy

YOU ARE SO HELPFUL! And you may have already answered this - but what can you tell me about The Watertown Hotel? Although it's not downtown - they offer free shuttle to various places which would be nice! Some friends and I will be flying into Seattle next month to depart on a cruise to Alaska. We will spend one day and one night in Seattle. We plan to do some sightseeing and would like to find a place where we can walk around and see a lot (or have shuttle service take us). THANKS!

I've never heard of it. Do you have any idea what city it is in (i.e. Tukwila, SeaTac, Kent, Auburn, Seattle, Tacoma, et cetera)?

I've never heard of it. Do you have any idea what city it is in (i.e. Tukwila, SeaTac, Kent, Auburn, Seattle, Tacoma, et cetera)?

Hi Karen,:) I did a google search for the hotel

and it is near the University.

Click on this link:

http://www.holidaycity.com/watertown-seattle/index.htm

Oh, let me know if you are able to look at the Virginia

Hotel:)

It is so reasonably priced I am thinking about putting a deposit

down (at least it is refundable).

We will call him (Mr. Singh) once we get our luggage and tell him what number door we walk out of...

Thanks. Are the doors right by the bagage claim area or do you have to walk up a level?

Seattlecruiselover

I need advise on a post cruise tour of some sort. My flight home after the cruise from Alaska is 6pm. I need to know if there are places I can leave luggage. Are there taxies from the port?

Thanks for any information

Seattlecruiselover

I need advise on a post cruise tour of some sort. My flight home after the cruise from Alaska is 6pm. I need to know if there are places I can leave luggage. Are there taxies from the port?

Thanks for any information

I answered this question for you on your other post, so as to avoid duplication for you.

I just booked with Mr. Singh (J&S Limo) for 6 people...It will be an SUV' date=' but that will be ok...He will pick us up at the airport and take us to the downtown Sheraton...Price was $75 ($12.50 each)...Cost that much to ride the bus (shuttle) and this will be much easier...Hope this helps someone...Susan[/quote']

You have a website for that? I could not locate it. We have 7 people.

Thanks.

Hi Karen--

Thanks for all the info you've posted...I've gone through and read all 21 pages even! From your rec's, we've gotten our hotel, car, & brunch all booked for Sat, May 10! We want to do the duck tour and are wondering if we need to book in advance for May 10? We're a bit concerned about having a non-transferable ticket time if we have any airplane delays that morning...

Thanks!

Hi Karen--

Thanks for all the info you've posted...I've gone through and read all 21 pages even! From your rec's, we've gotten our hotel, car, & brunch all booked for Sat, May 10! We want to do the duck tour and are wondering if we need to book in advance for May 10? We're a bit concerned about having a non-transferable ticket time if we have any airplane delays that morning...

Thanks!

No, you can walk up and join the tour. They have more than one duck going at any given time.

SeattleCruiselover, if you had a choice and you wanted to stay in one place for 5 days to sightsee all over the state, including Victoria, B.C, which would you choose?

Navy Lodge Whidbey Island

Navy Lodge Everett

Navy Lodge Bangor

Taking into consideration convenience, traffic, location

Thank you

SeattleCruiselover, if you had a choice and you wanted to stay in one place for 5 days to sightsee all over the state, including Victoria, B.C, which would you choose?

Navy Lodge Whidbey Island

Navy Lodge Everett

Navy Lodge Bangor

Taking into consideration convenience, traffic, location

Thank you

You are going to have a vehicle, correct? The only vehicle ferry to Victoria is the Coho out of Port Angeles, and you have to reserve it well in advance. Otherwise you will have to go up to YVR and take the BC Ferry across (it is about a two hour trip each way). Going to Whidbey would put you kind of out of the loop if you want to go to Victoria, so probably Everett (as Bangor would also put you kind of out of the loop for that trip).

Archived