It came in the mail today!

CruisinMermaid

We got our 45 day letter in the mail today! We sail in 33 days so we were happy to find it waiting for us when we got home. Can anyone tell me when it says to contact them within 45 days can I still do it with the time I have left? And what kind of gifts do they offer? I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning! :D

We got our 45 day letter in the mail today! We sail in 33 days so we were happy to find it waiting for us when we got home. Can anyone tell me when it says to contact them within 45 days can I still do it with the time I have left? And what kind of gifts do they offer? I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow morning! :D

Give them a call tomorrow, I usually get the Drink coupons.

Fred

What is the 45 day letter?

I learned about the 45 day letter from Cruise Critic :) Basically, if you sail on a Carnival cruise and then write them a letter to compliment them on the service you received or to offer suggestions for improvement, they sometimes write you back and offer you a bon voyage gift for your next cruise. The letter says to call them within 45 days of your next cruise to choose your gift. Thus, the 45 day letter :D

Yes you can call but you will have to wait until monday since they don't work on the weekends. On my 45 day letter I was offered Red or White Wine, Champagne, Photo coupons, Drink Tickets, and a Bon Voyage Gift.

Wow! They really appreciate you as a loyal customer! I can see from your signature you've sailed many Carnival cruises. I hope to be like that one day :D

How long does it usually take for you to hear back from them ?

I am curious , if it takes awhile ...

It was about three weeks for me. I called this past Monday and was offered quite a few different items... I took the champagne and a bottle of red wine...

:D

Does anyone know how long they're good for. I got one last year about Feb or march, and we sail with CCL again in Jan. next year. Would it still be applicable?

I have never seen a expiration date on one. I used mine and it was almost a year and a half from the time I got it until the next cruise so I think you will be fine.

We sailed the Celebration on January 12th returning on the 17th. I wrote a letter within a couple of days. Our 45 day letter was dated February 14. Happy Valentines Day to us.:D:D:D

This is our 2nd on from Carnival as I only learned about it on CC, Hooray!!

This will be 5 times sailing with Carnival, and I have emailed them with comments and such before even knowing about the 45 day later and have never received one. Are you mailing your comments or emailing like myself?

I have written a letter to Carnival Customer Service department.

Do you get to pick two items? I have a 45 day letter that we will use for our September cruise.

When I called and the woman went through the list of what was available I picked the champagne. She then said 'We'd like to offer you an additional gift...' So, I gladly selected the red wine!!

:D

How long does it usually take for you to hear back from them ?

I am curious , if it takes awhile ...

I wrote them a letter about a month ago. I honestly wasn't expecting a response back. But I was just happy to tell them about our excellent waiters and cabin steward. They said they sent a copy of my letter to their immediate supervisors and that they'd receive recognition. :)

I called the Bon Voyage department just now and chose the bottle of red wine and the fruit basket.

This will be 5 times sailing with Carnival, and I have emailed them with comments and such before even knowing about the 45 day later and have never received one. Are you mailing your comments or emailing like myself?

They probably receive a million emails so they may not be able to respond to all of them. I would suggest writing to them via snail mail.

They probably receive a million emails and may not be able to respond to ll of them so I would suggest writing to them via snail mail.

Yep... agreed...

Send your comments letter here:

Guest Relations

Carnival Cruise Lines

Carnival Place

3655 NW 87 Avenue

Miami, FL. 33178-2428

Have used "SNAIL MAIL" both times.

Archived