Silversea, 34 nights Feb 7th to March 13

Jaffa

Hey there,

I will be solo on the Silver Wind voyages 2503, 2504, 2505 from the 7th Feb until March 13th, for 34 nights. Buenos Aires to Rio to Cape Town to Mauritius and points in between.

Is anybody else on any of these cruises? If so we should connect and do something.

I am in Buenos Aires for a week before the cruise and will be taking a safari from the Sabi Sabi (Kruger National Park) for 8 nights afterwards.

It would be great to run into others on the trip!
Let me know if we can cross paths eh!!

Cheers!
Colin....................................................

hey colin,

sounds like you have a fantastic trip lined up. my partner and i spent 24 days on the whisper in the spring and loved it. it was our third and by no means last SS cruise. in fact, were planning the rio to capetown crossing in 2006 with a safari afterwards too. would have done it this year but were leaving on a round trip sailing on the QM2 with a couple of weeks in paris in between in october and wont be back till mid november so another long trip this february would have been too soon.

in my experience on these boards there are very rarely responses to those travelling on SS, seabourne, radisson or cunard. that does not mean that you wont meet "family" once youre on board. weve never failed to connect with great people on a SS ship. the fact that theyre small and intimate encourages an easy familiarity among fellow passengers.

if you dont mind my asking what camps will you be goign to for your safari. im starting to do some research and am interested in different opinions.

anyway, have a great trip. i know youll enjoy every minute aboard SS.

Hey Wripro!

Thanks for your responce and feedback. Sorry we won't be able to connect. This my trip of a lifetime. I am flying from Aussieland to The US for 12 days on my way to Argentina, and staying in LA, SanFran, New York and Miami. I have bought a round the world ticket.

For the safari l am staying for 4 nights at the "Sabi Sabi Bush Lodge" and 4 nights at the "Sabi Sabi Earth Lodge" they are both private game reserves and are all inclusive including drinks. They are both very nice and at the better end of choices, but it was the all inclusive that swayed me. I am finishing up in Johanessburg for 4 nights before l fly back to Syd.

Fella! please let me know if l can be of anymore help eh!

Cheers Colin.............................................

hi colin,

thanx for the info on the safari camps. I agree, the all included factor is important, all the more so after you will have spent 34 days on SS. its very hard to get off the ship and have to actually pay a check in a restaurant!!!

this does sound like the trip of a lifetime with so many different elements to it. i know youll remember it forever. almost two years ago we did a rio to buenos aires trip on the Silver Shadow and loved it. we spent time in both cities on either end and would go back in a heartbeat. as i said before were returning to rio in 2006 and am already excited about the prospect. but one trip at a time, right? we just received our documents for the QM2 today and are very much looking forward to that. it will be a completely different experience from SS. theres nothing like crossing the atlantic on a true ocean liner.

maybe well run into each other on some other trip. if you need any more info about SS please dont hesitate to ask.

enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...
Well time is ticking down!
I am almost at the 90 day mark, so there must be a chance l will run into someone from here somewhere on the trip.

Anyone?

Cheers Colin.....................................

Hi Colin, just catching up on all the reading, and realized you have posted here as well. If you recall, we will be on the boat with you your whole cruise, though we are getting on in Chile.

On our last Silversea cruise we were the only gay men, except two older gents from Germany. However, it was not an issue, and we still had a great time. Like before, we may have a few single friends join us....

Looking forward to meeting you in Buenos Aires!

Archived