So excited! Major price drop on our cruise!..

shayelle

We leave on our cruise in 2 weeks. We booked a guarantee balcony about 6 weeks ago. In the last 2 days it has dropped $450 per person! I called my travel agent this morning (who is on a cruise right now) and she got it taken care of for me.

That is going to go a long way towards paying our sea pass!

We leave on our cruise in 2 weeks. We booked a guarantee balcony about 6 weeks ago. In the last 2 days it has dropped $450 per person! I called my travel agent this morning (who is on a cruise right now) and she got it taken care of for me.

That is going to go a long way towards paying our sea pass!

Can you please post the ship and date so your fellow CC cruisers can also check to see if they can get the discount.

Thanks. ;)

I have never seen a balcony guarantee, how do people find those??

Just keep watching. They don't offer guarantees on all cruises or at all times or in all categories. They usually do that when they have one category that isn't selling well OR if the whole sailing isn't selling as well as they hoped. It's also more common to see them after final payment date when they are trying to fill up the ship.

I've had cruises where they've never offered any guarantee categories, others where they only offered them in inside or oceanview categories at the last minute, and then there's my Alaska cruise in May where at various points in the last 6 months they've offered inside, oceanview, balcony, and suite guarantees.

Every time I check my sailing on the Sovereign it is going up. Urrrrrgggg

You are lucky. Have a great crusie.

We booked our 2/15/08 Sovereign cruise around Jan. 1st. I don't think we could have got a refund if it did go down since it was already paid in full and it was to the point of being non-cancellable. But, we kept checking the price just in case out of curiosity and it never did go down.

The March 22nd sailing of Serenade had a major price drop yesterday on guarantee cabins, too..... inside went down to $599pp, OV to $699pp, and Balcony to $899pp. There seems to be a good selection of cabins still available in the regular inventory, too.... so a guarantee might just snag a pretty nice location.

Archived