Carnival "Milestone" Cruises

Ronath

Anyone heard or posted anything regarding Carnival's new "milestone cruises? Supposedly on your 25th, 50th & 100th Carnival cruise you get a discount (25% for 25, 50% for 50 & 100% for 100 cruises). Will be calling Carnival soon to ask them but sometimes if you talk to 2 people you get 2 versions. Wondering if it's a discount from the best available price. I'm hoping the discount is not just off the "book rate".

Anyone heard or posted anything regarding Carnival's new "milestone cruises? Supposedly on your 25th, 50th & 100th Carnival cruise you get a discount (25% for 25, 50% for 50 & 100% for 100 cruises). Will be calling Carnival soon to ask them but sometimes if you talk to 2 people you get 2 versions. Wondering if it's a discount from the best available price. I'm hoping the discount is not just off the "book rate".

According to the letter for those past the 25th cruise with Carnival, when this program was announced, received a "voucher" that we will be redeeming on the cruise of our choice. We have 18 months to do so. And we will receive 25% of the cost of the cruise for the individual (or individuals) as Onboard Credit. It is not a "discount" off the sailing price. It is OBC.

I am not certain about people who are just now reaching their 25th cruise...if it is automatically issued ON the 25th cruise OR if you will be receiving a voucher to use on the future cruise of your choice.

Our 16 year old son will soon be a Milestone Rewards Member and I am trying to get the answer to that question myself. BECAUSE, IF it is done automatically...then of course I want his 25th cruise to be an expensive one so that he gets more onboard credit.

When you reach your 25th cruise, would you please let me know how it was handled? If DJ hits it first, I will let you know how it was handled. But the wording from the press release says "for that particular cruise".

But it is OBC and not a discount....as I read the letter.

This is the first part of the press release.....

Carnival Cruise Lines Expands Concierge Club Program to Include Shipboard Credits for Milestone Cruises

10/03/2007

MIAMI (October 3, 2007) – Carnival Cruise Lines has expanded its “Concierge Club” guest recognition program to provide members with shipboard credits when they achieve a “milestone” cruise with the line.

With the new shipboard credit benefit, “Concierge Club” members who sail on their 25th, 50th and 75th “Fun Ship” cruise will receive a shipboard credit representing 25, 50 or 75 percent of their cruise fare, respectively, for that particular voyage. Those sailing on their 100th “Fun Ship” cruise earn a complimentary Caribbean, Mexican Riviera or Alaska voyage of up to eight days in length. This new milestone cruise benefit is in addition to the wide range of amenities and privileges that “Platinum” cardholders already receive.

I'm still trying to figure it out. I've taken 28 Carnival Cruises and received the Milestone Letter and I'm using it next week--4 day, inexpensive, but the OBC is based on cruise fare and Port Charge (not government taxes or fuel supplement) so it still came out to about $95. You are supposed to call 30 days in advance of your cruise but since I had just booked 2 weeks ago, they put it through. Now the part that confuses me is, my husband has taken 25 Carnival Cruises (all with me) and didn't receive a letter--they all show on his Cruise History (separate Past Guest Number). When I called the Milestone Rewards number and asked about this, they just said he would eventually get one. That really doesn't make sense to me because the letter is worded--"when you book your 25th cruise...." I'll call again when I get back and let you know what they say.

If I were you, I would print out a copy of his Past Cruiser Number and Cruise History and fax it to someone in the Milestone Rewards office.

These letters came out months ago and he should have received his by now if he is PAST 25 cruises.

Yes, the letter is confusing because it "talks like" you have not reached your 25th cruise yet...which we all have. That made me wonder if when my son reaches his 25th cruise, if it will be automatic or will he be able to apply it to any future cruise he wants to.

The wording in the Press Release implies that it will happen automatically on his 25th cruise...however the letter allowed us to apply it to any cruise we wanted to since we had past the 25th cruise.

Perhaps he will get a letter just before his 25th cruise????

I am hoping to hear from someone who is not there yet to see how it was handled.

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

Just got off phone with Milestones. They will send a letter out within approx. a month (or so) of booking the 25th cruise. This letter will contain a code in it. Then you have to call the milestones rep. back with the code and the in turn attach it to your booking for that cruise. I wasn't told whether it had to be used on the 25th cruise or if it could be used on a later one. I thought it was a shipboard credit but the purser's office on the Fantasy had it the opposite. They were saying it was a discount off the cruise. I definitely don't want to get on a ship and be told I don't have the 25% credit.

Archived