Celebrating New Year’s with Carnival

CruiseHealing

We are thinking about doing a cruise during New Year’s Eve. Does Carnival do anything special for this particular event? Any thing special in the clubs or is there deck party? If you have done a New Year’s Eve cruise before with Carnival tell what you liked about it and would you want to do it again?

Went on a NY cruise in '02/'03. Best I can remember, they had a huge deck party with free champagne passed out and a big count down and what not; then the horns went nuts at midnight. The only drawback is that, the week after, that same cruise was about half price of what I paid. I guess, though, if money's no issue, it's a REALLY good time. Heck, any time on a ship is.

I've done one CCL cruise on NYE. They do a count, they leave a couple of hats/blow thingies in your room, and it is nice, but no free champagne. But, on my Xmas and NYE sailings, they had fre champagne when you board, servers walked around with trays around the buffet area.

I have done two xmas cruises on CCL and two NYE cruises on Princess and I gotta tell ya, if you are going to cruise around the holidays, it is ay more special around xmas.

Not only do you get special xmas theming on the ship; the ports are all dressed up with their "interpretation" of xmas. For example, we saw street bands in Jamaica playing reggae versions of Jingle Bells!

we celebrated new years on the liberty this past new years and i have to say it was the biggest and best party I have ever been on, It was also formal night for us, I would deffinatley say it was well worth the money:) :) :D

Love it, Love it , Love it!

We have our 3rd New Years cruise booked for 08 now! I cruised Carnival Paradise solo my first New Years cruise (06) as my kids were with relatives. I had a wonderful time and when I got home , the kids complained how boring theirs were. I promptly booked and bit the price for the Elation in 07 for New Years.

I will tell you, it was the best New Years I have ever had. I celebrated on deck with my 13 & 19 year old, throwing confetti, toasting with champagne. The memories are priceless, the pictures are ones we all cherish. :D

The party Carnival throws is one to remember from the free champagne when boarding the festivities thru out the ship on New Years Eve. Yes, it will cost more than any other week, would I trade it?? No way, as I said already New Years 08 is already booked! With the economy the way it is we will probably only cruise once this year and this is the one we pick!

I also tend to feel the staff are so much more relaxed and happy over this week than I have experienced other weeks. Not that they were bad, it's just the atmosphere.

I say do it! You'll have no regrets~

Happy Cruising!

Donna

Archived