Which GS are under the whirlpools on the liberty?

gacathy

If you're worried about noise, don't be! The floor of the pool deck is NOT the ceiling of your cabin!!!!!

Yeah but from people who have stayed in the cabins under the solarium, some (not all) have complained that they could hear the chairs against the stone floor.

So although I never heard anything (being in 1298 under the sports pool) that doesn't mean those further down under the solarium didn't.

Now you have to share with the rest of the group. ;) Does the balcony bow out? Is the balcony bigger?

Yes, you get a little hump balcony all to yourself! we have it booked for Thanksgiving on Independence as well. :D one silly thing is we can spot our cabin immediately

Yes, you get a little hump balcony all to yourself! we have it booked for Thanksgiving on Independence as well. :D one silly thing is we can spot our cabin immediately

Do you happen to have a picture of it? I would love to see it.

We can do a comparison...this is what the normal FOS/LOS GS balcony looks like ;) :D

IMG_0717.jpg

I've been in 1560 which is the one towards the forward part of the ship. 47b8dc05b3127cce98548253767800000027108IasnLRw0Zo

We estimated the bow out was 16-24". Since we were just slightly forward of the whirlpools, we did get sun on the first half of the balcony and we wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. NO chair noise whatsoever!

Yep, it looks that way. And I see you are on the Liberty cruise I had to cancel :( for April 26th. Please come back and tell me how it went. At least I can read about it. ;)

Sorry you had to cancel....I know how much that would break my heart so I feel for you!!! I feel like I owe you, I have read ALL your great insight & info along the way, will give you all the details as soon as we get em!!! I am even more excited now (is that possible????)

For the second cruise on a row we have booked suites 1560 and 1564, and I'll echo the sentiments expressed above:

1. Noise is not an issue, but

2. The overhang of the whirlpool prevents a 100% top view. More like 85%. Or 86%. No, 85%. ;)

Glad to hear about the noise...I can deal:D with the view now that I know about the balcony:D I feel like I won something!!!

• 6 years later...
Thanks everyone. So on the port side, 1560, 1564, 1568 are the ones under the whirlpool. With 1564 being the one in the center of the whirlpool in the attached pic?

http://picasaweb.google.com/Cavatelli430/LibertyOfTheSeas/photo#5169955379657317698

I know this is an old thread but this picture link helped me immensely in choosing a cabin. I thought it may help others too.

We had 1264 on the independence and did not like the balcony at all. We had virtually no sun and disliked the strong blue tint on the balcony. Everyone has their own view, it was not for us.