Best beach in Cozumel

lpranger058

I agree with Paradise Beach - it is great.... plenty to do or just relax! Great beach, chairs with umbrellas, great bar with awesome food and they bring it right to your lounge chair on the beach, beautiful scenery, massages on the beach, cool floating stuff in the water for kids ($5 - $7, I think), etc.

It was wonderful and we took tons of pics!!!

I would recommend instead of just going to the beach, to book a tour to Xcaret ( http://www.xcaret.com ) if the cruise line is offering it.

It has everything, from undeground caves you can snorkel (very safe) to swimming with dolphins.

I wouldn't recommend booking the tour on your own because of time limitation, but if the cruise has it, do it, it will be a great experience for everyone in the family.

If you decide to go to the beach, just rent a taxi and ask them to take you to the opposide side of the island where the nice beaches are. Last time our group hired a great independent tour guys who spend the whole day with us and took us everywhere, including the Mayan ruins, the beach and even to his home to give us a sample of some mexican spices. I belived we paid around $30.00 per couple.

I agree with Paradise Beach - it is great.... plenty to do or just relax! Great beach, chairs with umbrellas, great bar with awesome food and they bring it right to your lounge chair on the beach, beautiful scenery, massages on the beach, cool floating stuff in the water for kids ($5 - $7, I think), etc.

It was wonderful and we took tons of pics!!!

Paradise also has parasailing we loved it if you go say hello to Tom he is a CC member. We loved everything about it except the boulders{big rocks} in the water watch it those things hurt :rolleyes: lol.

We had a great time at Paradise last May, Tom & Ken made our trip very memorable ;)

We got there early and started the day by getting some great lounge chairs on the waters edge and ordered a great fresh fruit smoothie, it was a great way to start the day. The chips and guacamole were awesome, DH still talks about them. The service was top notch, we can't wait to go back in October.

We hate the crowds and preferred Playa Uvas - great big beach beds, unlimited bar, beach massages, great service, restaurant, swimming and snorkling and .......

SHOULDN'T THIS BE IN A DIFFERENT SECTION UNDER PORT OF CALL?

As I recall, San Fran is notorious for charging you for everything. A couple at our dinner table were frustrated...pay for hammock, pay for chair, etc, etc. That is all free at Paradise. We have gone both times to Coz, and will go back every time!

I have to second (or is it fifth or sixth) Paradise Beach. Nine dollars buys you all the water activities although they want a deposit or to hold your DL for the snorkeling equipment. Sitting in a chair and watching the waves is free but they do ask for you to spend 10 dollars per person on food and beverages. It was great for our family - and they have clean restrooms!

I also agree with Xcaret. Taking the tour through the ship would be the only way I would do it from Coz. You have to figure in the 20-40 minute ferry to the mainland and back. Too many things could go wrong doing it on your own. We went to Xcaret when we stopped in Calica. It is totally doable on your own from there. Only about 5 min down the road.

Archived