JUST off AOS 2/24

mndity

we just got back from San Juan last nite....... great great time!!! Weather almost perfect, Wait Staff (Mustafa and Dennison) amazing...... NO problems with locals..... anyone have a question ask away!!!

Did you do a pre or post hotel stay? if so where?

What did you do at each post?

Thank you.

I do have a few questions -

1) How far is the Pan Am pier from the free trolley stop across from Pier 3 or Pier 4 in Old San Juan? Can I walk to it?

2) Does RCL care if I carry on a 12 pack of coke?

3) Are there refrigerators in the cabins? We have a balcony non-suite room.

4) If I want to put my tips on my on board account, how will the servers and cabin stewards know that I paid? I'm concerned that they may not get the money.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for posting a review. We are going on the AOS in about a month and are very excited. Can you answer some questions for us?

1. Do they do the horse racing by the pool?

2. What nights were formal nights?

3. What time was the muster drill on the first day?

4. How do they do the towels for the pool? Do you have to sign them out?

Thanks for your help. It is so nice for people to share their experiences!

I do have a few questions -

1) How far is the Pan Am pier from the free trolley stop across from Pier 3 or Pier 4 in Old San Juan? Can I walk to it?

2) Does RCL care if I carry on a 12 pack of coke?

3) Are there refrigerators in the cabins? We have a balcony non-suite room.

4) If I want to put my tips on my on board account, how will the servers and cabin stewards know that I paid? I'm concerned that they may not get the money.

Thanks.

I'll answer some of your questions

1) The Pan Am Pier is across the harbor from OSJ. It is at least 10 minute taxi ride away from Pier 4, not near enough to walk.

3) There are minifridges in all cabins on AOS but it's more like a cooler than a fridge.

4) If you prepay your tips or put them on your Seapass account, you are given vouchers on the last night to hand to your waiter, assistant waiter, headwaiter, and stateroom attendant to show thay you have paid them. If you feel like it, you can put additional cash in the envelope with the vouchers.

Did you do a pre or post hotel stay? if so where?

What did you do at each post?

Thank you.

we stayed at the Airport Best Western although there are alot of other options. did ABC Jeep tour in Aruba and Lord Sheffield boat tour in St Maarten and St John Beach Tour in St John....that one thru RCCL, others online

Thanks so much for posting a review. We are going on the AOS in about a month and are very excited. Can you answer some questions for us?

1. Do they do the horse racing by the pool?

2. What nights were formal nights?

3. What time was the muster drill on the first day?

4. How do they do the towels for the pool? Do you have to sign them out?

Thanks for your help. It is so nice for people to share their experiences!

Formal nights are monday and thursday lobster night was friday muster last week(feb17 sailing) was 545pm dinner was at 630 that night we set sail at 10 pm yes there are towels at poolside sometimes someone was there to sign you out other times the cart was unmanned and it was self service not sure about the horse racing did not experience that

we stayed at the Airport Best Western although there are alot of other options. did ABC Jeep tour in Aruba and Lord Sheffield boat tour in St Maarten and St John Beach Tour in St John....that one thru RCCL, others online

We've been looking at Lord Sheffield for our upcoming cruise in August. Would you recommend it?

Thanks!

Yes I would....... we booked thru http://www.lordsheffield.com. Royal Caribbean has the ship from 9am to noon but the have another trip from 12:30 to 3:30.... it was $63 per person with unlimited beer, drinks, and food (great BBQ ribs and chicken) and all the snorkling equipment. It holds 25 passengers.... we only had 13 on our trip but the morning trip was packed. Our group had a great time enjoying the sun, snorkling, everything...... I think you will too!!

Going on the AOS this Sunday. So glad you're willing to respond to questions.

Did you go to the CL, if so, were there drinks the first night.

Which would you say was the weakest night for menu choices, so we can decide on which night to book Portofino's?

What time was your lifeboat drill?

Did you witness anyone trying to sneak liquor onboard? Still hoping to bring two bottles of our favorite wine they don't have on their list.

Any mention of norovirus on your cruise.

Thanks again for all of your help.

Which would you say was the weakest night for menu choices, so we can decide on which night to book Portofino's?

Did you witness anyone trying to sneak liquor onboard? Still hoping to bring two bottles of our favorite wine they don't have on their list.

Why not come join our roll call. We have a huge group and are all planning to meet onboard at 3:00 p.m. at the pool bar on Sunday.

There is a menu that keeps getting posted on these boards. Do the days for that menu coincide with AOS menus. Also, how far in advance would you suggest getting to the airport for the return flight home? Thanks in advance.

I too would be interested to hear if the menu choices and order matched what is given in this post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=719731&highlight=adventure+menu

Thanks,

Tim

We're also just off AOS. We brought two bottles of wine onboard in our checked luggage without problems. Go for it.

well I am not platinum so I have no clue about the CL..... I thought the last nite was the weakest (Roast Turkey.....) the Muster drill was at 6pm...... I heard my spouse snuck a bottle onboard...... she took it home as well....... no problems with sickness that I could see....... we were provided with Handiwipes whenever we boarded the ship

AOS does have this card........10 champagne drinks (they list them..... all good) for $52 including the tip. With most drinks at $8-9 before tip it was a great deal..............

Forgot to mention that the Card is only available in and can only be used in the Champagne Bar....deck 5. Have Robert serve you...... he is great!!

Day 5 was day 7 but on day 5 which is the 2nd formal night, there was pork chops and salmon, crab cake appetizer. Day 4 and day 5 were the weakest menus and in my opinion the best nights for Portofino. Day 6 was lobster. I was very upset that there were not crew by the buffet and restaurants giving out sanitizer before going in to eat. A crew member told us that they only do that when there are alot of people sick. That seems a little late to me.

we just got back from San Juan last nite....... great great time!!! Weather almost perfect, Wait Staff (Mustafa and Dennison) amazing...... NO problems with locals..... anyone have a question ask away!!!

I was lookin to book AOS in April of 2009 and was curious about the nightlife on the boat. Being in my early 20's, I was wondering if there were many options for bars and clubs at night?? And about what time did things tend to die down?? Did they have any themed parties at night out on the deck?? Any info is appreciated, thanks...

Archived