Phoenix Rising on Island Princess

Momma Mojito

Any of you who are sailing the Island Princess from now until June 16, will get the opportunity to hear a fantastic band in the Wheelhouse Bar. The name of the band is Phoenix Rising. If you like to dance or just sit and listen to great music being played , please stop by . They have been with Princess for a number of years, so some of you know how entertaining they are. Please tell Joey and the guys that JoAnn and Gene highly recommended them and to play "Soulman" for me. Thanks

We will sail on her April 6th....and always look forward to a good band.....and "soul man" is a favorite of ours so we will pass along your hello to Joey!!!!!! Thanks for the info!

You won't go wrong. Joey plays a great keyboard and sings anything you request. Well, within reason! Another song he does very well is "Stand By Me". Jerry the guitair player also sings and then there is Randy the drummer,you have to hear him beat those drums to "Wipe Out" On their breaks,they even take the time to get to know you, which really impressed us.

We heard on another post about a different band, called Prestige, playing in the Wheelhouse Lounge. We're vigorous Latin dancers. So what kind of music does Phoenix Rising play? We'll be on the Island Princess on the 19-day Panama Canal cruise. Thanks in advance for responding!:)

lady45 - shoot, I was hoping they would get the Crown Princess.

I am bummed again. You can't plan anything around the entertainment as they move them around too often.....:(

They play oldies, but are capable of playing anything. You cannot stump those guys, no matter how hard you try.:)

lady45 - shoot, I was hoping they would get the Crown Princess.

I am bummed again. You can't plan anything around the entertainment as they move them around too often.....:(

They play oldies, but are capable of playing anything. You cannot stump those guys, no matter how hard you try.:)

How well I agree with you, Northender. They can and will play anything you want. I know what you mean about being bummed out. We were told that Phoenix Rising would be on the Coral in the fall so wee were planning on booking a Panama Cruise and wanted to be able to see Joey and the guys again, but Princess can't decide where that want to put them. They are such a great band!! I don't think Princess knows a good thing when they see it!!

Lady45, do you know if they have a website. Perhaps viewing that would help. I cannot find one:(

Beave8920 - perhaps you could check with them - maybe a card with a phone # for the future

or a website.

Tell them "Jimmy Clanton" gal said they need a website so we can find them.

Lady45, do you know if they have a website. Perhaps viewing that would help. I cannot find one:(

Beave8920 - perhaps you could check with them - maybe a card with a phone # for the future

or a website.

Tell them "Jimmy Clanton" gal said they need a website so we can find them.

Northender, No, they don't have a website. If we all informed Princess how much we have enjoyed them and their music, they will give us a guarentee on what ships they have booked them in the future. Also if we can get the word out to all the future Island Princess cruisers to take the time to enjoy this fantastic band, I'm sure this will show Princess to see just how popular Phoenix Rising is.

Thanks, we are crusing on April 5th, so when we both get back, hopefully you will have some info... whatever you can get.:)

Will give you my email addy at that time.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Thanks...I'll look for this thread....we get back to LA on the 21st of April and should be home by the 22nd........We're not taking the laptop on this one, sorry!

Archived