Beware of Valtours in Reykjavik, Iceland

gizmodog

I booked a tour with this company for our cruise to Iceland last week, he charged my card in full $300 with the understanding that I would get a refund if the ship could not dock. Well foks, the ship could not dock because of the weather, I e-mailed him from the ship two days before our scheduled arrival telling him we were not stopping there because of the weather, he e-mailed me back refusing to refund my money because I did not give enough notice for the cancellation. BEWARE of this fraudulant company!

I would get straight on to my credit card company and cancel that charge. I am sure that if you haven't been able to use the goods (in this case the tour) your money will be refunded.

I am so sorry you have had this hassle. It is something you don't need on a great holiday.

Jennie

I have always worried about missing a booked tour because of weather or other problem.

So we NEVER book a tour that demands we pay in advance. Last October a group of us booked a tour to Lucca from Livorno (we had all been to wonderful Florence before).

Because of high winds, the port was closed for a couple of hours and the Oosterdam docked late. The driver was unhappy but he did wait and the day wasn't wasted. I think that if we had paid in advance we might not have seen him and we'd probably be out the money.

Hope you can get your money back from the credit card.

Thank you, I have not contacted my credit card company as he charged my card way back in April, do you think I can still fight this with them?

absolutely you can fight, I don't think there is a short time limit. Be sure to fax them copies of the information about cancelling from emails or the website if you can

Archived