Bus or Taxi from Kennedy to Legend in NYC

glrounds

Okay, Okay, Okay,

Listen up you New York City cruisers, you're west coast counterpart needs some info, please.

This LA boy is considering a last minute cruise. Time is of the essence.

Just a slim chance I can pull this off for next Wednesday's (Sept 28th) cruise of the Legend. Going to take the "redeye" from LAX to NYC Tuesday night arriving at Kennedy at 5:20 a.m. Here goes:

How close is Kennedy to Carnival's pier?

Would there be something I would enjoy doing in NY from 5:20am until its time to board the Legend? (I know, I know :D )

Will Carnival have buses at Kennedy to provide transportation to the pier? How much $ $ ? If not how badly will the cabs rape me ?

Leave Kennedy to fly home @ 5:00 pm. Will this allow an excursion in the city of some sort and if not what should I do in NY after disembarking ? (I know, I know :D )

Any responses I would sincerely appreciate. Thank you very much. :)

Okay, Okay, Okay,

Listen up you New York City cruisers, you're west coast counterpart needs some info, please.

This LA boy is considering a last minute cruise. Time is of the essence.

Just a slim chance I can pull this off for next Wednesday's (Sept 28th) cruise of the Legend. Going to take the "redeye" from LAX to NYC Tuesday night arriving at Kennedy at 5:20 a.m. Here goes:

How close is Kennedy to Carnival's pier?

JFK is on Long Island the pier is in Manhattan...problably an hour+ drive with no traffic ...

Would there be something I would enjoy doing in NY from 5:20am until its time to board the Legend? (I know, I know :D ) People watching can pass the time ,but what about your luggage so you want to haul it around , the pier is on the West Side not really near much

Will Carnival have buses at Kennedy to provide transportation to the pier? How much $ $ ? If not how badly will the cabs rape me ? Do not know about the Carnival buses and the last cab I took from the airport was $45

Leave Kennedy to fly home @ 5:00 pm. Will this allow an excursion in the city of some sort and if not what should I do in NY after disembarking ? (I know, I know :D ) again what about luggage..

Any responses I would sincerely appreciate. Thank you very much. :)

But have a great time if you go:)

Thanks, viennacruiser.

I was concerned about the luggage also. Was hoping Carnival would have a bus at the airport to take paxs to the pier, but $45 for a cab isn't so bad.

Is there a place I could store my luggage in a locker(like at the airport) bounce around NYC for awhile and then come back to the airport, get my luggage, and go to the ship? Or would this take up altogether too much time and expense ? Or how about hiring a cab full time from 6:00am to NOON and see the sights and end my cab trip at the pier ? (I'm thinking ground zero here, would really love to visit this site while in NY and still make it to the ship).

Thanks again,

I'm from the West Coast, but recently flew to Kennedy and took the Airtrain. Here is the site for that. http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/mta/airtrain.htm

You can take the Airtrain to the Subway and take the Subway to Times Square. Here's the site for the subway map:

http://www.mta.nyc.ny.us/nyct/maps/submap.htm

The info for the cruise terminal is: http://www.nypst.com/

It says that it's only maybe $5 from I think it said Mid-Town. You can look at the map and see it's right there.

If I were going, I would just check my luggage with the Bell Hop at any hotel in Times Square (say you're checking out). I would do the Big Red Bus around NYCity...you get to see everything, including ground zero. Get on and off whenever you want. You could probably get back to get your luggage, get back on the Big Red Bus, and get as close to the terminal as you can...then either walk it or cab it.

Hope this helps. New York City is easy to figure if you have a map! Good luck from a fellow West Coaster!

Thanks, Cathy. I just booked the cruise and that was pointed out by my TA also. :D

Thanks also, boonstersd. I'm currently exploring these ideas. He he...it just dawned on me, the whole damn ship will probably be filled with New Yorkers (Yah know, the ones that talk funny :D ) and they probably won't appreciate this layback Southern Californian all that much. :rolleyes:

I'm wondering would renting a cab for 6 or 7 hours be OUT OF THE QUESTION ? (take my luggage with me, have the driver point out of places of interest, and end up at the port). Anybody know what something like that would cost ?

Thanks, viennacruiser.

I was concerned about the luggage also. Was hoping Carnival would have a bus at the airport to take paxs to the pier, but $45 for a cab isn't so bad.

Is there a place I could store my luggage in a locker(like at the airport) bounce around NYC for awhile and then come back to the airport, get my luggage, and go to the ship? Or would this take up altogether too much time and expense ? Or how about hiring a cab full time from 6:00am to NOON and see the sights and end my cab trip at the pier ? (I'm thinking ground zero here, would really love to visit this site while in NY and still make it to the ship). Gary, the trip back and forth from the pier to the airport is too long and the chance of getting stuck in traffic not worth the effort. I would not check my luggage anywhere...I doubt a hotel would let you just drop off your luggage for a while..maybe before 9/11 :( but not now..you could take a cab to the pier check your luggage with the porters if they are taking lugguage that early and than take a cab around town. If you arrive at the airport at 6AM ..pick up your luggage , get a cab and drive to Manhattan the porters may be taking the bags ...than a cab around would be easy...I guess you could hire a cab to drive you around for 6 hours but that might be $$$. You might call a private car service who could pick you up at JFK and than drive you around ..we did a limo for $200 for 6 hours for my daughters prom.:D

Ground Zero is worth seeing...if you have not it is not to be missed..:(

Thanks again,

He he...it just dawned on me, the whole damn ship will probably be filled with New Yorkers

DUH!

Why would you think that?

Are ships out of New Orleans filled with only people from Louisiana? NO

You evidently don't realize that passengers fly from all over to their cruise destinations.

Dolly

I guess I evidently don't . . . . . :rolleyes:

Sorry you got tripped up in my figure of speech. I was indicating there would probably be a much higher number of New Yorkers on this cruise than say a cruise from Los Angeles, just as there is probably a higher number of Californians on a Los Angeles PRIDE cruise than cruisers from New York.

Work on it, you'll get it. :D

Archived