First Time to Alaska

Itzhotstang

My husband is turning 50 and I would like to take him on an Alaskan Cruise. He has been to Alaska before and loves fishing. I need a cruise that will offer fishing (halibut or salmon) as a shore excursion. I have read about northbound, southbound & one way but I don't know what is best. I can do 7 -10 days. Also what line should I go with? I have been on Carnival and that was OK. I would like to go in August. How does it work with one way and flying back home? Any help would be GREAT!

With the fishing priority and 10 days, consider a one way and time in Homer and Seward. Look at HAL, then Celebrity/RCI for the Seward port. Also consider Ketchikan for a charter fishing tour.

You would do an open jaw air. Look at "multi city" options on booking sites. Vancouver/Seattle and Anchorage. IF you use Seattle, you need at least an extra day, with Amtrak a great transfer option. There also will be cruise contracted buses, independent buses and one way rental cars.

Archived