What's the best time to go to the port (Mariner)?

I've seen a lot of posts that say to get there around 10:30. Will we get on the ship by 11:30 if we get there then or will we have to wait longer?

I want to get their early but not too early since I have 6 & 9 yo daughters who can get a little bit hyper waiting in long lines.

Thanks!

A lot depends on when the ship clears from the prior cruise. I am sailing on Mariner on 2/23 and plan on getting there around 10ish in hopes of getting on board by 11-12:00 noon. However, in the past, I've arrived for other ships at the same time and haven't gotten on board until after two because of problems with the ship clearing customs

As a general rule, you're better off getting there early. Even if they have to wait a bit to get on, you're better off than arriving a bit later and chance getting there at the same time as the shuttle busses from the airport

If by "best" you mean a short wait, then you may be better off waiting until about 2 pm to board. The longest wait we encountered was when we arrived at about 12, and the worst of the wait is not getting on the ship, it's getting through the line of cars waiting to drop passengers/luggage!

You should be able to get on the ship waaaay before 2!!! And think about it--this is day 1 of the cruise you've paid for--why waste 1/2 of it OFF the ship?

Bring a coloring book for the kids, in case there is a short wait. It won't be long if you get there at 11-11:30.

We arrived at 11:30'ish and had to wait quite a while through the lines. We were told that it was due to the number of foreigners (RCI had to make copies of their passports at the check in counter). Still, it wasn't a horrible wait (maybe 1.5 hours). Our excitement outweighed any frustration we had!

Our last two cruises on the Mariner we got to the port

between 10:45 - 11:00. Boarding started at exactly 11:30am.

We were one of the first five families on both times and on

the ship by 11:31am.

We have three children 5,12,12 and they had no problem with the

wait.

i agree with the others who've responded - 10:30 to 11:00 is a good time to get to port. even if there is a line, it moves relatively quickly. we got there about 11:00 and were in the windjammer by noon. in fact, our cabin's weren't ready yet, but it's another almost whole day on board, even if you are in port waiting to sail. i'd suggest that you make sure you have all the paper work possible downloaded and filled out before arriving at the port. we didn't even spend 10 minutes at the check in counter because our paper's were ready to go. also, maybe throw your bathing suits in your carry on so you can make use of the pool during the afternoon.

I agree, we always carry on the swimming bag(swimsuites,towels, ect). Change in the restroom, and laying in the sun after a nice lunch at the Windjammer!

Last March, our rooms were ready when we boarded at 11:45..so we just went to the room first...changed, ate, and layed by the pool until late afternoon!

Archived