Beach with Bar/Facilities on 7 Mile?

kraspa

Twelve of us on Spring Break Cruise. Can anyone recommend to us a good fun beach on 7 mile? I think we used the Hyatt Beacdh last time many years ago, but was hoping for something not connect to a hotel. Any suggestions?

I would recommend Sea Grape Beach. Red Sail Sports operates right there so you can rent a floating mat, jet ski, etc. The bathrooms were very clean and there was a bar that offered very cold drinks and a decent menu. They also rent chairs/umbrella. Get there early because it seemed to get crowded around noon time.

This is weird---when I was at Sea Grape Beach all I could find were drinks. How did I miss the food? Where is the food so I can tell a friend of mine?

Calico Jack's also serves food.

You can also find food at Courtyard's Beach - adjacent and north of Sea Grape.

I was there last week and we went to Royal Palms. Chairs for rent $5, umbrellas $10, free cold water, free use of restrooms and showers. Great bar and restaurant. I thought the prices were very reasonable ($10 burger) considering the location and convenience. Watersports were also avaialble right there, not sure of prices. It was $4 pp for the cab from the port and plenty of cabs to take you back when you are done. Only about a 10 minute ride.

It did not get to crowded, and if you wanted more privacy, simply walk about 5 minutes to your right with your towel and the beach becomes very empty.

Also, I noticed on my cruise (Valor) that the ship excursions were taking people to Seagrape and Beach Colony, so I assume those places were more crowded that day.

Enjoy.

We will be there on Tuesday. We want to find a good beach place for the girls to lay out in in the AM and then the PM we are going to head out to margaritaville. What do we need to ask the cab driver to do to drop us off at? 7 mile beach I know and I know it is 4 dollars per person but WHERE do we want to be dropped off? We want something close to a bar to get drinks, water to swim, and water toys....and unlike most we WANT a crowded beach. Take care and email me and respond please! sag1804@yahoo.com

Any more suggestions?

We are going to be three girls looking to relax on the beach and have some fun.

Any place with volleyball net?

Sounds like Sea Grape can be busy but Royal Palms would be fun?

Seems like besides these two there aren't many suggestions. We are leaving tomorrow so when we get back I will try to post what we did and how we liked it!

Also looking forward to what you think. We'd like a beach with services, but not crowded where the ship's excursions are taking people.

When we got to the port last August there were people standing there directing everyone to various taxi buses. While on the bus a couple encouraged us to go up the stretch a little further. They said the Courtyard had better facilities and alot less people. The driver agreed so after letting most of the people off at the start of the route we stayed on. It was $7 pp to be taken to the Courtyard. We got off the bus there and really weren't impressed and they wanted $10 pp to enter the beach...so we headed back to the road and walked up a little ways towards town. It was there that we found Sea Grape Beach. We absolutely loved this beach. The facilities were incredibly clean and being maintained through out the day. There were no pushy vendors and everyone was friendly. It was not a crowded beach but yet still had enough people to make it fun. There was sports equipment being rented. The sand and the water were gorgeous and you could easily see the ship ahead in the water. Food and drinks were reasonable. My dh ordered fries which came in a huge strofoam container. You have to watch the birds though or they will swipe your food ;) We are heading back to this beach in July.

What a great video! I loved Wham U.K. at the beginning -- my all-time favorite song by them (and also my ringtone :)). Gotta loooove hearing the captain's voice. Just makes it feel like we're on a ship right now!

It was $7 pp to be taken to the Courtyard. We got off the bus there and really weren't impressed and they wanted $10 pp to enter the beach...

Huh? :confused: Why would there be a charge to enter the beach? All beaches (up to the high water mark) in Cayman are public. Maybe the charge was for access to their facilities? What were they saying you'd get for the $10 a person?

Archived