Carnival Fantasy

pete4

Thanks for the link to the Fantasy only thread. That is very helpful. Any cruise is a good one, in my opinion!

Hi pete4, noticed you sailed the Holiday...if you dont mind me asking..how did you like it? We are going for our first time in July and very excited:D

CMK1970,

I sailed on the Holiday last March with my daughter, her friend, my neice and my sister. We had a wonderful time. Was a little concerned at first, because we arrived and there were school buses loaded with teenagers, but there was never a problem!

The ship vibrated alot, especially the first and last night. Other than that, the staff was wonderful and the ship was perfect for everyone to keep in contact with each other. Great entertainment and food. Definitely a very nice cruise!

Thanks for the info on the fantasy. From what I understand, it should be very similar to the Sensation, which I loved!

Looking forward to the Fantasy and seeing New Orleans for the 1st time!

Yes, very much like Sensation. Be careful but have a ball in Nola. I'll be there this weekend & can't wait to get back since my last visit in Oct. Great town with lots of history & culture, along with great food, drinks & music. Lots of locals post over on the New Orleans section of the board if you want more info.

We did our second cruise on the Fantasy in September of 2006 to the Bahamas and Half moon Cay. We had only cruised the Miracle the year before and expected to be disapointed as the Fantasy was both smaller and older. We were not dissapointed at all! I thought the food on the Fantasy was better than the Miracle and I found her easy to navigate around. I did feel a quite a bit more movement but no one in our party got sick, and I didn't see anyone else who seemed to be. We are now booked on the Fantasy again out of New Orleans this August and am really looking forward to it. I hope you have a wonderful trip! But then any cruise is a good cruise! :)

My daughter and I are cruising on the Fantasy out of New Orleans on 3/22/08. Anyone recently cruised on the Fantasy and have any information that that would like to share?

I just posted my review of my 4 night cruise on 1/31, hope that'll help as well!

My daughter and I are cruising on the Fantasy out of New Orleans on 3/22/08. Anyone recently cruised on the Fantasy and have any information that that would like to share?

I just returned yesterday from a cruise on the Fantasy.

The Cruise Director is likely to be Big Tex. He is on vacation this month.

You'll be likely going to Cozumel first and Progreso second, due to the number of ships sailing into Cozumel on Tuesdays. This past Monday,

there were six other ships in port.

Things not to miss on the ship would include the show "Ticket to Ride" on the last night of the cruise and the Mardi Gras party on Sunday night.

In the ports, it depends on what you want to do (beaches, horseback riding, snorkeling, Mayan ruins, etc). Lots of people on CC can give you recommendations.

If you are driving into New Orleans, the Erato Street terminal parking lot costs $70 for 5 days.

Brenda, which section of the board do you mean that locals post on?

If you look under the "ports of call" section there is a New Orleans topic, I know I visit there often to answer questions about New Orleans.

Archived