New ships for Carnival Corp.

Cruising89143

Well Carnival Corp ordered five new ships today but they were not anything earth shattering.

For 2007 Carnival will take delivery of a Conquest class ship and Princess will get a sister ship to the Caribbean Princess.

For 2008 Carnival has signed a contract for two more ships in the same size category of the above but will have one year to decide which line they will be delivered to. Carnival has stated that they may be delivered to their Europeon brands.

Also the fifth ship ordered is the new Queen Victoria which has not been slightly enlarged to around 90,000 tons.

I really wanted to see more of the Spirit class ships. I know that the Conquest class are the cash cows for Carnival but I just do not like them at all.

I would agree, the SPIRIT class ships are the absolute best size and layout.

I would also agree, the CONQUEST class ships are the cash cows of Carnival's fleet, but I found the GLORY, although a beautiful ship, to be to big and difficult to get-around-on for me.

The PRIDE (a Spirit-classed ship) out of Long Beach was ideal in size and layout, particularly the aft Lido deck with the adults-only pool and the bar running beam to beam. This area was my hang-out "place" as it offered a panoramic view of the sea with the Lido buffet just a few steps away. Best part of the ship IMHO. :)

Yawn!

Wow, what a nothing annoucement! No innovation what so-ever, It's a huge dissappointment! While RCCL is busily re-designing ships, adding features and new concepts, Carnival is rolling out more of the same. RCCL is adding new rec facilities and lounge concepts, stretching ships and updating cabins. The Voyager class is really a cool ship design, all Carnival seems to be able to do is make a bigger boat! By the time the Pinnicle Project is started I may need a walker to get onboard!

What a shame! While I really prefer Carnival for the crowd it attracts, I was hopng that there may have been a great new type of ship to try out. Carnival, we want better, stop just giving us more of the same!

Archived