Room 9703 NCL spirit

luv2cruise08

before i did my cruise, on the spirit, i had heard that the ship had a vibration, especially in the aft area. on my cruise i felt it. it wasn't bad in my cabin...9636...but you could feel it in other areas of the aft section.

that would be my only concern.(and i was on the ship before the engine problems) otherwise, i really liked the 9th deck...if i get to go on the spirit this year, i plan on deck 9 again.

I just stayed in this room last week. It is bigger than a standard inside room. I found conflicting sq. footage at 175-190 vs the standard 149. When you open the door you can't see directly into the room, there is the bath and a small hallway, the sleeping area is to the left and the closet sits on the other side of the bathroom and also has a pretty good size space in front of it. It is hard to describe, an I'm sorry that I don't have any pictures. I have stayed in the standard 149 rooms, and the extra space does make a difference. We had 4 in the cabin (2 adults/2 children). If this is your case, be aware that the 4th bed is a foldout chair, not a trundle, as others have described. I don't know if anyone larger than my 5yo could have been comfortable on it. There was the rocking motion (which we like), and a vibration when pulling into port. The vibration actually worked well as an alarm clock on port mornings. It is so dark in there you have no idea what time it is.

And the room stewards, Angel and Enriqua, are great!

Have a great trip, we did!

Great, I already changed it back to my original room 9017. With the sound of the engine and being under the stardust theatre I moved back. Plus I thought it was the standard 149 sf. Oh well. I will know better next time to check these things out. We are 2 adults and 2 four year olds. We will be cramped but oh well we are on vacation and probably won't spend much time in there anyway.

Thanks!

Archived