ok yall 2.0 throughout 2008 one ship per month is the word

hammsz

the spirit, already, has many action stations in the buffet area...though i am sure they will be doing more with 2.0. but the waffle stations, carving station, pasta station, salad station are already there. they could be re-doing the buffet area in dry dock, but until then..cruisers do have the actions stations on the spirit. adding some table cloths and extra service to this area, won't have to wait for drydock.

bedding may wait until drydock...replacing the bedspreads/curtains and such will be easier then. new menus are reported being worked /trained on...when we hear they are on one ship, soon they will be on ALL ships. they won't have to wait for drydock to have new menus on the spirit.

since most of 2.0 isn't even starting until march (?). we will just have to wait and see how fast it spreads to each ship.

i am hoping to go on the spirit next winter, will be fun to see the changes from last december's cruise.

they answer all the questions. Especially the original Freestyle Cruising with everyone in navy, swim suits at the pool checking watches together, then go to get into formal wear & then come down the staircase in unison & then the funniest is eating in the dining room at huge tables with soup spoons again in unison. Then they show Freestyle for folks to eat when they want, with whom they want, at the restaurant that they want. But they do not state any reservations needed which isn't Freestyle. So I am told since we eat 4-5:30PM daily that we can get into any restaurant without reservations. It is peak time that needs it.

I agree those commercials are very witty and certainly make their point. BTW, specialty restaurant reservations are suggested but NOT required. Another nice thing NCL does (which other lines don't) is they usually offer a 2 for 1 special at certain times in the evening for some of their specialty restaurants. On our Gem cruise it was between 9p - 10p for Cagney's Steakhouse, Le Bistro French Restaurant and Orchid Garden Asian restaurant. I've read that other ships sometimes have it between 5p - 6p.

So I am told since we eat 4-5:30PM daily that we can get into any restaurant without reservations. It is peak time that needs it.

Uuummmm, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but none of the full-service restaurants -- with the exception of the Blue Lagoon -- are open at 4:00; they don't open until 5:30 or later. You may need to adjust your dining habits just a smidge. ;)

is what NCL tells you. So we can get a snack to tide us over til dinnertime when we get onboard to learn those.

Uuummmm, I don't mean to rain on your parade, but none of the full-service restaurants -- with the exception of the Blue Lagoon -- are open at 4:00; they don't open until 5:30 or later. You may need to adjust your dining habits just a smidge. ;)

Hey Cyber-Sister! I heard they aren't doing your ship 'cause you're on it! :eek: :eek:

Awww, you know I'm joking! Saw you posted here so I wanted to give you a hard time.

I did a google search last night on the 2.0 stuff and came up with quite a bit of information. However, I didn't see anything "official" that said they were rolling it out on one ship per month. I will expect a FULL report on NCL from you though!

Luv ya!

(and no kazakamis, eh, kamakamas, eh . . . on that cruise in June without the rest of us!)

They'll be doing the Dawn 1st because I'll be there!! I'll have a few kamazakis, kamamaki...for you and all the group!!! So perhaps I won't care about the 2.0!!!

I only know of one such date... April 6th on the Jewel, which comes directly from the Hotel Manager while we were on board her last week.

BTW, he says the new bedding they have been testing (in his quarters) is awesome.

Great news! I'll be sailing the Jewel that very day! Will definitely report back here what I find...

JK :rolleyes: ...let's relax...let's have fun...help each other out.

For all the veterans on here there are many newbies, just trying to figure stuff out. Isn't that partly or mostly what these boards are about? If it's a topic you dont care to discuss...just move on and bypass it. If everyone knew everything...what would be the point of looking at the sight at all? JMHO ;)

Don't let it get to you . . . I agree with you completely.

Just keep reading and learning and learn from the three billion posts with the same heading -- there will be one thing in each of them you'll pick up on!

Enjoy the cruise and I'm sorry for the loss of your dad.

I agree! And I join the others in offering my sympathy for your loss. You always seem to run into a few unpleasant people here..probably the same unpleasant people that we run into on the cruises. :p Just ignore and continue to ask whatever you need to...most people dont mind helping out. ;)

So someone asks a question prompted by the titled and never gets a real answer from the cc gang...this is not very nice and in fact mean spririted to new posters who are trying to figure out this cruisin thing..try to remember back to entering this forum as a newbie and finding out that there is so much info out there and generally some very nice (and patient ) people out there who will share their knowledge.

I am just learning that 2.0 is the NCL newest intitiative to upgrade their ships and services. Serving champagne is one nice thing to do upon embarkation. Upgraded bedding..New improved serving stations for buffet food...and many more items that I don't even know

Hope this helps

susan

Archived