single cruisers??

carontori

There are many women who sail single and solo. Solo being someone having a significant other or such, just sailing by themselves as opposed to being a 'single' person.

There are threads on this on the main boards. One is (I think?) 'Single Cruisers' and other is 'Solo Cruisers'. You'll find all kinds of info there. Have fun.:)

I almost always go alone. However, my mother, who lives about ten hours from here, has done a couple of them with me.

I am 43.

Right now I am planning to book the twenty-one day Asia trip solo in July 09. My July 08 and December are also solo. Honestly, I love cruising alone. It is really easy to meet people, and I don't consider myself the most outgoing person. Lots of people invite you to sit with them when you are eating lunch, etc.

Go!!!!!! I love to travel. I am not opposed to meeting a wonderful guy who loves to travel, but I am not going to sit home if that never happens. Most friends my age can't get the time off work or they have families and can't spend the money.

I have done the Caribbean solo.

Use normal common sense precautions you would normally use while traveling, and safety shouldn't be an issue.:)

I've yet to sail solo but I will eventually. I too have a hubby/friends/family who either can't get the time off work when that great cruise comes along or can't go for whatever reason. And I'm getting a little tired of watching a great chance to get away pass me by!

I've done 5 solo cruises, and am going on a 6th in a few weeks. Use the same precautions on the ship and in the ports that you would anywhere else. I pretty much stick with the cruise line's shore excursions when I'm solo, especially in ports I've never visited before. I'm not willing to risk getting in a cab by myself and having the driver take me wherever.

Check out the Solo Cruisers board here at Cruise Critic.

Roz

Archived