Does Size Matter?

browneyedpete

I have just recently sailed on Celebritys Century with my 2 daughters and had a wonderful time. I am now looking to book another cruise for next year. I found one that I think I will like on Carnivals Triumph. My question is the size difference between them.

The triumph holds so many more people. Does it feel crowded? Is it overly noisy? Is the service comparable between Carnival and Celebrity? Any input will be appreciated.

Well, that can be a loaded question...But the answer here is NO. It won't feel any more crowded because it is designed to handle the larger capacity. You will still be able to find those quiet corners to relax. The lines may be a little longer to get off for excursions, but it is nothing to worry about. You will get more exercise because you will have a lot more territory to cover, but that may be good...allow you to eat more! I started out many years ago on a small ship, around 20,000 tons. slowly moved up until the Star Princess, about the same size as the Triumph. Century is about my favorite size ship. I worried more about going waayy down to a very small ship in the Greek Isles. But it was fine, 11,000 tons just for sleeping and eating, and two islands a day. The food was great! EM

Archived