Just booked Marva!!

kgrassel

Based on all the wonderful reviews I've heard about Marva Shaw, I just booked our group of 6 (Mom, Dad, DD17, and DD's 3 BFF's!) So it's Dad and the girls! We're on the Mariner of the Seas, March 23rd.

We're doing Dunn's River Falls, the tubing, and Mahogany Beach. She also offered to take us to lunch (not ikncluded in $ paid for tour) and shopping (again, extra $$). I'm trying to keep the cost down for the girls because they're paying their own way. Would the lunch and/or shopping be worth it for them? My plan right now is to wait and eat in the WJ back on the ship.

Can't wait to meet the marvelous Marva!

We just came back from our cruise on the Carnival Freedom and used Marva in Ochos Rios. Her son was our tour leader and we had a fantastic time. We are three generations age 61 to 8 and we all did fine climbing Dunns River Falls.

Mahogany Beach was so-so. There was a group on our bus who went tubing and they had a blast. We were sorry we didn't do that instead.

My husband and I were in Ocho Rios on Carnival Victory Feb. 7 and Marva was absolutely wonderful. We sort of customized our tour and she was completely accommodating. We did Dunns River and I personally thought that was the BEST. Afterwoods we visited the Coyaba River Gardens, very beautiful. We did not want to do the tubing, but others in our group did and I understand it was a blast. Instead we opted for a lunch at a local open air diner for some authentic jerk cuisine. Very, very tasty. 2 lunches of jerk chicken and jerk pork with beverages was about $20. Not bad. Later we went to a "local" market for some shopping. Supposedly very "low pressure", but possibly a little too much for me. I didn't shop very much at all. Overall, though, Marva is a generous person and an extrme delight. I would recommend her to anyone visiting the beautiful Jamaica.

Marva is charging us $60 per person (there are 6 of us) . We'll be climbing the falls, tubing, going to Mahogany beach. Also shopping and lunch. The entry to the falls and the tubing costs are included, shopping costs and lunch costs would be extra.

My family of 4 used Marva about a month ago for DRF, tubing and a trip to Mahogany Beach. We had lunch there, around $40 for the 4 of us, no alcohol. We requested Mahogany over Reggae Beach because we thought it would be a better snorkeling beach, but like a previous poster, we found the beach to be disappointing- crowded, a bit loud.

When we went with Marva last year she took us to a local place for lunch also. I would suggest going as it is a great experience and an opportunity to sample some local jerk. We split plates and it is not a problem. Just have the girls split a meal and then go to the WJ when you get back to the ship if they want more food. It was fun eating in an open air shack and the food was good! My kids still talk about it! That is one of the reasons why we enjoy cruising so much--you get to have different experiences!

I went to Jamaica last month. Marva is a sweetheart. Her son Jay is well respected and knows his way around. He took myself & my son on a private excursion to the falls, tubing & to the Bob Marley museum. We love the music. He took us to a street band session and even got the band to let my 11yr old son play the drums. They are great trustworthy people. You will be safe and you will have a wonderful time !!!

Based on all the wonderful reviews I've heard about Marva Shaw, I just booked our group of 6 (Mom, Dad, DD17, and DD's 3 BFF's!) So it's Dad and the girls! We're on the Mariner of the Seas, March 23rd.

We're doing Dunn's River Falls, the tubing, and Mahogany Beach. She also offered to take us to lunch (not ikncluded in $ paid for tour) and shopping (again, extra $$). I'm trying to keep the cost down for the girls because they're paying their own way. Would the lunch and/or shopping be worth it for them? My plan right now is to wait and eat in the WJ back on the ship.

Can't wait to meet the marvelous Marva!

How do you get in touch with Marva?

Archived